[24] Departure

Later that day, you and Killua drop by Wing's house. Hearing your footsteps, Alluka immediately rushes over, giving you a big, tight hug.

"Onee-chan! You're all healed!" Alluka beams. Pulling away from the hug, her light blue orbs shine as a bright smile overtook her features.

"Yup! I hope I didn't worry you too much," you smile back, scratching the back of your head sheepishly.

Hearing this, Alluka immediately pouts. "You have no idea how sad I was after the match!! Don't risk yourself like that ever again!" Alluka exclaims, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Yeah, sorry..." you say, an abashed smile making its way to your lips.

Beside you, Killua sighs. "See? Even Alluka was worried sick for you," he says, before facing you with a pointed look. "So, when are you registering for your next match?"

'My next match?'

You paused, looking down thoughtfully with pursed lips. "Hm... I'm not really sure," you mumble, crossing your arms over your chest in deep thought.

"Not sure? Then... how would you feel about leaving Heavens Arena? We've already accomplished our goal here after all," Killua suggests, looking directly at you with his deep blue orbs.

'Right, the main reason why we went here was to get stronger...' you thought to yourself.

"Onee-chan, I agree with Onii-chan. I don't want you getting hurt anymore in future fights..." Alluka pouts, as her brows furrowed ever-so-slightly.

You glance at Alluka, then at Killua. "You're right... After all, the reason Alluka and I went here was to get stronger for you, Killua," you say to him with a smile.

Killua inhaled sharply. "Exactly. You and Alluka are much stronger now. Plus, Illumi might find us if we stay here any longer," he says, averting his gaze from you.

You gazed at the floor thoughtfully, before looking up at Killua once more. "Yeah, fighting in the Arena was fun... but I kinda wanna go back to exploring the world with you!" you say to him, a bright, warm smile overtaking your features.

As you said this, a pink tint lightly dusted Killua's cheeks. "Stupid, we're gonna have to lay low or else Illumi will find us."

"But we'll still be able to go around the world, since we can't stay in one place for too long, right?" You ask hopefully, stepping closer to him. 

"Yeah, yeah," Killua says, waving a hand dismissively while you only smiled brighter.

_ _ _

And in no time, Alluka and Killua stood right beside you, as you faced Wing and Zushi with a sad smile.

"It was a real pleasure teaching you for the past year, (Y/N)-chan, Alluka-chan!" Wing smiled warmly.

Meanwhile, Zushi, who was right beside Wing, subtly cleared his throat. "Master... your shirt's untucked again..." he mumbles, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

A chuckle escaped your lips as Wing hastily tucked his shirt in. "Ahem, sorry about that," he says, before facing you again with a soft smile.

"It's fine, Wing-san. Thanks for everything!" You smile back, clasping your hands together behind your back.

Beside you, Alluka sniffs, trying to hold back tears. "I'm gonna miss you, Wing-san, Zushi!" 

Looking down at Alluka with a small smile, Killua rests a comforting hand on her shoulder. "...Thanks for teaching my sister and (Y/N) about Nen, Four-eyes. I owe you one," he says, looking up at him with a curt nod.

"No problem, Killua-kun. If any of you need more help or training. You know where to look for me," he says, pointing behind him where his house stood.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course," Killua waves a hand, before turning around and walking ahead. "We'll see you guys around!" he says, burying his hands in his pockets while giving them a sidelong glance.

"Yup! We'll see you! Wing-san and Zushi!" You wave enthusiastically, giving them a grateful smile before following Killua and falling into step right beside him.

Meanwhile, Alluka still had her head down. "Wing-san... Zushi... can I hug you guys?" she asks, sniffing slightly as tears blurred her vision.

Taken aback, Wing stood still for a while, before smiling and crouching down to her eye level. "Of course, Alluka-chan," he says gently.

Zushi nods with a smile, stepping closer to Alluka as well. 

With a smile, Alluka engulfs both of them in a big, tight hug. "Don't forget about me, okay?" she sniffs, as a few tears flowed down to her cheeks.

"Don't worry, Alluka, we won't! Right, Master?" Zushi says, patting her on the back.

"Yes, of course, you are an exceptional student, Alluka-chan. Truly talented," Wing replies, returning her hug.

"Thanks..." Alluka pulls away, wiping away her tears with the sleeve of her kimono. "Well then, I'll see you guys around! Onii-chan and Onee-chan are waiting for me!" she says as a sad smile crossed her features, before turning away and running to catch up with you and Killua.

Noticing that Alluka caught up, you rested a hand on her shoulder. "You've gotten pretty close to them, huh?"

Killua looked at Alluka through the corner of his eye, interested in what she had to say.

"Yeah! They were so nice to me! Nobody except you and Onii-chan treated me that way..." she paused, as a small smile touched her lips. "I'm a little sad about leaving them, but I'll be okay! You and Onii-chan are still here!" She exclaims, smiling brightly at you and Killua.

You smiled back at her. "You're so sweet, Alluka," you say, giving her a small pat on the head, before turning to Killua. "So, where are we going next?"

Killua shrugs. "Preferably a city or any crowded place. We need to lay low so Illumi can't find us."

You tilt your head in confusion. "Then... shouldn't we stay in a secluded place?"

"No. If we stay in a crowded area. Illumi can't move around as freely. Plus, it will be easier for us to blend in," he states, raising a finger as the corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smirk.

"Oh... I see!" You say as your eyes light up. "I can't wait to go to another city! Let's hurry to the airport, then!" You smile, before dragging Killua and Alluka by the hands.