[49] Plan

Senka was still dragging Ryu along even as they arrived at the meeting place. 

"Ah! Ryu and Senka! You're here!!" Alluka ran all the way towards them, waving both arms in the air as she grinned widely 

Senka smiled and waved back with her free arm. "Hey! Hope you guys weren't waiting long." 

"We weren't!" Alluka looks over Senka's shoulder to get a look at Ryu. She let out a small giggle. "Ryu looks super annoyed today!" 

Ryu, who had this slight frown on his face, gave Alluka a sideways glance. "My ear still hurts." 

"Eh?"

"Oh come on, Ryu! I didn't even pull it that hard!" Senka sighs, tugging on his arm a bit more. "Now, where are Killua and (Y/N)?" 

Alluka turned around and pointed to one of the tables. Killua was right there, and next to him was you waving a hand in the air, beckoning to Alluka and the Hunters. 

As they all took a seat, Senka immediately took notice of Killua's drink. "You're trying out another drink? I thought you only wanted hot chocolate in the mornings..." She peered on in curiosity.

You could see Killua tense up from the corner of your eye. You nervously looked down at Killua's hot chocolate, too. Somehow, you hoped Senka wouldn't notice anything. 

"Oh! And (Y/N) is having hot chocolate this morning! What's going on?" Senka had her eyes trained on you this time. 

'Oh no.'

"They switched. Duh." Ryu rolls his eyes. Though there was no mistaking the amused glint in them. 

Senka furrowed her brows for a bit as she looked at you and Killua back and forth. Suddenly, her eyes lit up, as if something dawned on her. "Ohh, I see. That's fine, I guess!" She gave you both a smile, though you swore you heard a soft laugh behind it. 

You and Killua looked down in slight embarrassment. 

"Anyways!" Senka cleared her throat, as she put on a more serious expression. "I've been checking my Eyes since last night, and..." 

You lean closer, paying close attention to what she has to say. 

Senka sighs deeply as she buried her face in her hand. "No one came back."

Your eyes widened. "No one? But it's already the next day!" You found yourself rising from your seat.

Ryu pursed his lips together, looking at Senka through the corner of his eye. 

Senka looked down. "We can assume two things. It's either Sanguis really hasn't come back yet, or..." she looks back at Ryu. "He's found out where I placed them, so he would know exactly how to avoid their field of vision." 

You frowned, plopping yourself back down. "But your Wandering Eyes were hidden so well! There's no way he's found them out so soon..." 

Killua nodded. "I agree. Even I would have a hard time looking for them unless I knew exactly where you placed them."

Senka let out another deep sigh, slamming a fist on the table. "Ugh, he's so annoying! Why wouldn't he just show up already?!" she groaned in frustration. 

Killua put a finger to his chin in thought. "Should we revisit the place, then?" 

"Yeah, we definitely should, but..." she pulled on Ryu's arm.

"Hey–" 

"Ryu and I are going to be taking a different route to the forest." 

Your eyes widened as you stared at the two Hunters. "Wait, what?"