[34] Unwavering

"I don't think Alluka's back yet..." you say to Killua, looking around the empty room as soon as you got back.

Killua nods, looking around as well. Soon after, his gaze eventually landed on you, and his neutral expression quickly turned into a worried one once more.

"(Y/N), you okay?" he asked, reaching out to you.

You were looking down at your feet, clearly deep in thought. A slight frown overtook your features as you couldn't shake those words. 'What did Hisoka mean when he said all that...? Why does he keep saying that it's dangerous for me to stay with Killua and Alluka?' 

A hand touched your shoulder. "Oi, (Y/N)."

"Huh?" You looked up with a start, noticing Killua's gaze on you. "What's up, Killua?"

He let out a deep sigh, shaking his head. "That's my line! Are you sure that creep didn't do anything?"

"No! He really didn't! I'm safe... for now," you mumbled at the last part, letting out a deep sigh as well. Slowly, you walked forward and sat on the nearby couch. "It's just–"

You cut yourself off. 'No... I can't tell him that. There's no way I'm in danger by being with them...'

"Just what?" Killua plopped down right beside you, watching your every move with that piercing blue gaze.

You looked into those shining eyes, before turning away with a small sigh. "Well... since Hisoka found us... does that mean Illumi knows where we are as well?" You ask, remembering Killua's question to Hisoka a while ago.

"What did you do to her? Did Illumi send you?"

Killua frowned, averting his gaze from you. "There is a possibility. He really only works with other people if he wants something in return. Illumi could have promised him something."

"I see..." you trail off, remembering Illumi's empty gaze. "So we're gonna have to move somewhere really far from here, then?" you ask, looking out the nearby window at the cityscape. 

"Yeah, but we'll have to be extra careful," Killua replies, following your gaze to the window. "Our trips were never meant for us to relax anyways... it's meant for us to hide from that bastard." He frowns, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white. 

"But–" you whip your head to face him once more, your gaze desperate somehow. "But what if we stopped hiding? What if we faced him...?" 

Killua's eyes widened at your question. "Are you an idiot?! Do you even remember Illumi's abilities? There's no way we can stand a chance against him!" 

"Well... but at this rate, he's gonna find us! And..." you paused. "He's gonna hurt you and Alluka again until he gets what he wants... we can't let that happen, right Killua?!"  

Killua sighed deeply, shaking his head. "It's no use."

"I'm sure you faced stronger opponents than him anyway! We can do it, right?" You faced him with a hopeful gaze.

Killua sighs once more. "You idiot! It's not about strength here!" he clutches his head. 'There's... There's no way I can stand up to him.' He thought to himself, remembering Illumi's empty, expressionless gaze look down on him, accompanied by that twisted smile.

"...What?" You raise an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why Killua was so against it. "But–"

Suddenly, you hear the sound of the front door opening.

"Hmm... are Onee-chan and Onii-chan back by now...?" A familiar voice mused. Right after, you see Alluka enter with a small smile on her face. 

"Alluka?!" Your eyes widened. Killua noticed her enter as well, as he immediately stood up and walked over to her.