[9] Aura

Wing only smiled at Killua's question. "I normally don't take in students as easily as this... but since it's coming from you, Killua, I'm willing to make an exception," he replies.

Killua sighed in relief, while you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding as you feel your shoulders drop. "Thanks a lot, Wing," you hear Killua say, as the high tension in the air subsided a little

"Though," he continues, "I want to know why you need me to train them all of a sudden."

Killua gave you a sidelong glance as you remember your conversation with him. Giving him an encouraging nod discreetly, he faced Wing once more. 

"To protect them from my brother," he simply states, giving him a steady gaze. Wing hums in understanding. "I see then. I won't be asking the specifics, I think I understand." He stands up. "Learning under me isn't going to be easy, (Y/N), Alluka. Are you prepared?"

"Osu!" You and Alluka say in unison.

"Alright, do you guys have anywhere to stay during your training?"

An awkward silence passes by as Killua, Alluka, and you look at each other uneasily. Wing sighs at this, silently facepalming. "One of you can take Zushi's old room. There's another spare bedroom with a bunk bed," he says, pointing to the different rooms.

"Then, I'll be staying with Alluka in the spare. (Y/N), you can take Zushi's old room," Killua says, taking Alluka's hand and walking to the room. You nod, walking to the room Wing pointed to and settling down.

_ _ _

"Onii-chan, can I stay on the one on top?" She asks, pointing to the top bunk. Killua looks at it cautiously. "If you promise me to be careful and not fall, I'll let you stay."

Alluka only smiled brightly at this, raising her hand excitedly. "I promise, Onii-chan! Yay!!" She giggles, running over to the ladder. She struggles to pull herself up, almost slipping at some point. 

"Oi, oi. I said to be careful, geez," he sighs heavily, pushing her up to the top bunk. "Ehehe, thanks!" She smiles sheepishly, scratching the back of her head in slight embarrassment. 

Leaning his back against a wall, he replays the set of events that happened just now, 'Alluka's already having a hard time climbing up a simple ladder. She desperately needs physical strength training, not just Nen training...' he thought 

"Alluka. I know it was already a lot for you to take in when I said you'll have to learn Nen...but is it okay if I give you strength training as well?" He asks

Alluka looks at him from her top bunk. "It's fine Onii-chan! As long as you'll train Onee-chan too!"

'(Y/N) too?'

Alluka notices Killua's confused look and laughs heartily. "I mean, it would help us fight against Ill-nii better, right?"

Killua's eyes widen, 'She's a lot more aware than I thought.' he thought, slowly closing his eyes as he smiles proudly.

"You know Onii-chan, I hate Ill-nii! He wants to abuse Nanika! And because of him, we can't travel the world anymore, and he hurt Onee-chan too!" Alluka declares, pouting her lips in annoyance.

Killua laughs bitterly. "I know. I hate him too," he says, though there was no mistaking the resentment in his voice. "Hey, Alluka." He says, giving her a stern gaze.

"Hmm...?"

"Don't call Illumi Ill-nii anymore. A bastard like that doesn't deserve to be your brother anyway. If you can do that, I'll be sure to train (Y/N) as well, okay?"