[36] Contrast

'Ryu and Senka, huh?' You thought to yourself, taking a closer look at them.

Ryu wore baggy pants and a burnt orange hoodie. That, along with his short, messy hair, and the bored look in his eyes, made him look quite relaxed, almost tired. 

Meanwhile, Senka had a long-sleeved, button-up shirt and shorts, unlike Ryu's loose and baggy style. Her hair was shoulder-length and light blue in color as it was tied back in a ponytail. Compared to the hair, though, her eyes were quite dark, like if you were standing inside a closed room with no source of light. Even so, they held an energetic and lively glint to them.

Ryu scratched the side of his head. "Anyways, take a seat. We have a lot to discuss," he says, strolling over and taking a seat at the table to take a sip of his water.

Senka nodded, "This is the first time we came across someone who's looking for Sanguis like us." She smiled at you and Killua, before taking a seat next to Ryu. 

Alluka skipped ahead to the empty side across the Bounty Hunters. "Come on Onee-chan, Onii-chan! Let's sit here!" 

"Yeah, yeah." Killua shoved his hands deep in his pockets and took a seat next to Alluka. You followed, taking a seat next to him.

Senka cleared her throat. "Um, so as you might know by now, we're Bounty Hunters, and one of the people we're hunting down is Sanguis–"

"If you really are Hunters, show us your licenses." Killua interrupted, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back on his chair.

You widen your eyes, whipping your head to face Killua's, only to see a calculating, cautious look in his eyes. 

Senka frowned at Killua's sudden interruption. "Hey, watch your tone, kid!" There was no hiding how pissed she suddenly was as a vein popped in her forehead. "We went through all the trouble of reserving this place and–"

Ryu put a hand in front of Senka, stopping her from going any further. "Here's mine," he simply said, reaching into his pocket and fishing out his Hunter's License with his other hand, before sliding it across the table.

"Oi, Ryu!" Senka quickly stood up from her seat. 

He simply shrugged. "I don't see a reason why we shouldn't show them."

"Yeah! But that kid didn't need to be so rude about it!" Senka vigorously pointed at Killua, who was now examining Ryu's license. 

Unexpectedly, Alluka rose from her seat as well, a petulant frown adorning her features. "Senka! Please don't talk about my Onii-chan like that!" She pouted. 

Senka blinked, as a deafening silence filled the room. 

'Huh...?' You thought to yourself, blinking in surprise as well.

A few more seconds passed as Senka's eyes finally widened in what seemed to be like realization before she facepalmed and sat down in defeat. "Sorry about that."

Meanwhile, Ryu sighs. "Not even 10 minutes in and you already got worked up about something, damn..." 

"Well, I'm sorry, I guess." She rolls her eyes at Ryu, before turning to the three of you. "Don't get the wrong idea, I know why you guys need to be extra careful, I just got too carried away again," she sighs deeply. 

Killua's eyes widened as if he was taken aback by what just happened. "No, you're right. I should have let you finish what you were saying first," he said, leaning forward and resting his arms on the table. 

As you gazed at him once more, you could see that the cautious glint he had in his eyes was gone. 'Does this mean Killua thinks these people are safe?' You wondered, looking at Ryu and Senka as you took a sip of water from the glass in front of you.