[2] Starlight

(B/N) = Brother's name

__________________________

"You know, you didn't have to show us around. It's fine, really" Killua says. You ignore him as you continue leading them and showing them the best parts of town. 

"No, I insist. This is my way of thanking you for what happened" You argue back.

--A while ago-- 

"Hey, Killua... were you the one who knocked all these guys out?" You hesitantly ask.

"Yeah, why?" He answers back nonchalantly

'Why is he treating this as if it isn't a big deal?!' 

"U-Uh," you stutter, "H-how?"

"Hmm? I just trained a lot, that's all," he replies.

'That's all?!' You wonder in amazement.

"Thanks a lot for that! You saved me back there, I couldn't have taken care of all of them" You smile cheerfully and bowed in gratitude.

He blushed in embarrassment at your actions and looked away. "I-it's no big deal, really! You saved Alluka, it's only natural."

You looked up at him. "No, it is a big deal. Let me show you around! As my way of saying thank you!"  You beam excitedly. 

"H-huh?! No, it's fine! Alluka and I can manage on our own! You don't have to... right Alluka?" He asks his little sister.

"Hmm, I want Onee-chan to show us around, though!" She replies.

"Wait, what? Seriously?"

"That's great let's go!" You excitedly grab both their hands and left behind the unconscious bodies of the troublesome group.

--Now--

"Thanks for showing us around, Onee-chan!" Alluka smiles brightly at you.

You turn back towards the siblings and smile sweetly "No problem! You don't have to call me Onee-chan. (Y/N) is fine."

"Huhhh? But I wanna call you Onee-chan! Can I?" She pleads. Her blue eyes staring right at you. You giggle. "Sure thing Alluka, go ahead," you turn to Killua, who was smiling fondly at his sister. "You have a good sister, you know? You're quite lucky!" You smile.

Killua chuckles as you continue to lead them around. "I know, right? Do you have any siblings, (Y/N)?"

You slow your pace a little, a sad look crossing your face. "Yeah... I had a brother, (B/N). He was the best brother you could ever ask for!" You pause, "He's long dead though..."

Killua looks worriedly at you. "My bad, I didn't mean to bring up something so sensitive." He waves his hands apologetically. 

"No problem! It was a long time ago, I don't get sad anymore!" You put on a bright smile. However, he wasn't so convinced, but decided to play along "Well, if you say so," he shrugs.

"Hey, Onii-chan! Let's go over there!" Alluka beams excitedly, tugging at the edge of Killua's sleeve. "Sure, sure. Let's go!" He says. "Oh! I forgot to show you guys that spot! Let's go!" You say, following them.

_ _ _

It wasn't long before night fell, and you guys were strolling around a secluded spot right by the forest. It gave you a perfect view of the many stars in the sky.

"And that concludes my tour! I had fun with you guys!" You smile softly at them.

"Yeah, it was surprisingly fun," says Killua coolly. "You had fun, Alluka?" He looked down at his sister, who looked back up sleepily, suppressing a yawn. 

"Yeah, I had fun! Thanks a lot, Onee-chan..." she trails off, before yawning and falling asleep by Killua's side.

"Oi, don't sleep here!" Says Killua frantically, shaking his sister in an attempt to wake her up, but to no avail. He sighs and carefully carries her on his back. 

You stare longingly at them as Alluka snuggled on to Killua's shoulder. You shake your head, snapping out of your daze. 'There's no way I can have someone like that,' you thought. "Do you need me to lead you back to the village?" You ask the siblings.

"No need. Thanks a lot, (Y/N)." Killua says, turning his back on you and walking back towards the way you came.

You watched them as the starlight illuminated their figures, creating a soft, yet hauntingly beautiful shadow of the both of them. Of Killua firmly supporting his little sister's sleeping figure, and of Alluka resting comfortably on his big brother's shoulder.

After watching Killua walk a few paces, he turns toward you quizzically. "Aren't you coming?"

You stare at him in bewilderment. "W-What? I live in the forest, not in the village."

"I know that, but that's not what I meant. Aren't you gonna join us?" He asks "I thought you wanted to travel the world, like us."

Your mind flashes back to the conversation you had a few hours ago.

"Hey, Onee-chan, you said you lived in the forest for almost your whole life. Isn't there something else you wanna do?" Alluka asks curiously and innocently.

You put a finger to your chin. "Well, I always wanted to check out what the rest of the world has in store." 

'It's not that big of a goal though, it's not worth chasing...' You thought to yourself 

"Really? Then, join us, Onee-chan! Onii-chan is showing me around the world too!" Alluka beams excitedly.

You laugh mirthfully. "Yeah, yeah," you wave your hand dismissively.

--Back to present--

"I-- You were serious about that?" Your eyes widen.

"Yeah, Alluka would love to have you." He pauses. "Well, I'm not forcing you or anything."

"I-is it really okay?" 

He averts his gaze from you. "What..? Was I the only one who thought we were already friends?"

'F-friends? I...never had a friend before...'  You thought as you hear your heart thump louder and louder.

"So.. it's really okay?" You ask hopefully.

"It isn't about what's okay! It's whether you're coming or not." He says, giving you a piercing gaze as his blue eyes reflected off the light from the stars.

"I-- Thank you, I'm coming with you." You hesitantly take a step forward, and then another, walking towards Killua.

Once you caught up with him, the two of you began walking together, side-by-side. "I want to make something clear," Killua says, "Next time, I won't be thanking you anymore"

"Huh?"

"So if something happens and I end up helping you, you don't have to thank me. Friends help each other after all. It would be lame to thank each other for every little thing." 

You chuckle "Yeah that makes sense..." 

But do I really deserve... a friend?

_____________________________

(A/N) - I hope you guys enjoyed reading. If you guys are interested, I have a Killua oneshot book, so feel free to make some requests there! But if you want to stay here for the ride, go ahead. This book is FAR from over.