[53] Scarred

It seems that every time you land an attack on Sanguis, whether it be through your Nen or your dagger, you somehow sustained the same amount of damage. Kicking him with a Nen-infused attack to his side meant a sharp cut forming on yours. Cutting his shoulder with your dagger meant another sharp sting on yours. It was as if you were attacking yourself instead. 

"What's wrong?" Sanguis' amused smile never disappeared. He stood there the entire time and never made a move to fight back.

Meanwhile, you were on your knees, panting heavily from exhaustion and your injuries. Your grip on the dagger slowly loosened, until it dropped to the ground with a dull thud. 

"I don't get it... how?" Your brows were furrowed in confusion. "You never had this ability in the Heavens Arena match..."

"Never had it?" He chuckles. Despite him sustaining the same amount of injuries as you, he was holding his ground pretty well. "Who said that?"

Your eyes widened. "What...?

Sanguis crouched down to meet your eye level. You thought about attacking him again but decided it probably wasn't a good idea. 

"This Nen ability is a counteractive type. Heard of it?" 

You frowned in confusion. 'More stuff about Nen I've never heard of before? Are you kidding?!'

"I'm guessing you don't, huh?" He stood back up and dusted his coat. "Though I'm pretty sure you have an idea of what it does," he says, smirking. "It activates whenever I take damage and returns it to you. The greater the damage I get, the greater the damage you get back. Simple as that."

You wiped the sweat off your forehead, picking up your dagger and standing back up. "You're a Transmuter, aren't you?" you asked, getting into a fighting stance once more. "Why are your abilities always a different type? The one you showed in Heavens Arena was an Enhancer ability, and now... this." You projected your Ren, ignoring the pain of your injuries. 'Is Transmutation that bad? Killua's abilities are pretty strong, though.'

Sanguis tilted his head in mock confusion. "You seriously couldn't tell?" 

"Tell what?!" You were beginning to get frustrated now. "Whatever it is, I'll just find a way around it!" 

Bending your knees, you jumped high enough to be able to reach the tree branches. Sanguis merely looked up, watching your every move with keen interest. 

Using your fist, you concentrated all of your aura there, before plunging to punch Sanguis' face with a Ko attack. 

Sanguis scoffed. "Again? Come on, (Y/N). You've grown so strong in such a short period of time! I'm sure you can do better than that." 

You saw his aura radiate off of him, enveloping the space around you. Suddenly, you felt this looming pressure, as if eyes were watching you from every corner. 

'Is this... En?!' You thought, eyes widening. Just as your fist was about to touch his face, you instantly transferred all your aura to your foot, dealing a powerful blow to his stomach instead. 

You stepped back, smirking to yourself. 'Even if he could predict my moves with En, there's no way he could counter something that fast.'

Just as you thought you were able to bypass his counteractive ability, you felt a sharp sting across your stomach. You looked down, seeing blood start to seep into your clothes. 

'What?!' 

"That was pretty good! I didn't expect you to manipulate your Nen that quickly." Another huge smile was on Sanguis' face. "You thought that if you caught me off guard, you'd be able to get around my ability, didn't you? Too bad that's not how it works!" He looks down on you with a smug smirk.