[18] Beginning

'Me first?'

You curiously made your way towards the glass. After pausing right in front of it, you glanced at Wing for affirmation. He smiles warmly, sensing your slight hesitation and giving you an encouraging nod as well.

Nodding back, you look towards the glass once more with a slight frown. The water in it was completely still, along with the leaf on top, almost as if it was waiting for you to do something.

Taking a silent breath, you positioned your hands around the glass. 'Whatever happens to it will reveal your Nen type, huh?' You thought, remembering Wing's words while focusing on your aura and directing it to your hands.

Hatsu flowed from them almost immediately. Meanwhile, Alluka, who now had an excited and curious gaze, hurried closer to take a look. Killua moved closer as well, wanting to know what your aura is gonna do.

'If my suspicions are right, she's gotta be a Specialist.' Killua thought, resting a hand on his chin. 'But even if she is... there's no telling what's gonna happen to that glass...'

Everyone in the room stood in complete silence as they waited. A few seconds later, the slightest movement was seen from the leaf. Killua's brows knitted together in disbelief.

'Manipulator?! But with her abilities... there's no wa–'

His thoughts were cut off immediately as they came. Soon after the leaf's minuscule movement, it started to disappear slowly, starting from the tip then gradually moving to its stalk.

Alluka's eyes brightened with fascination. "Woah! That's so cool!" She exclaimed, watching the leaf intently.

Even Killua's eyes were glued to it. 'I spoke too soon... but a leaf that disappears... that's far-fetched, even for a Specialist.' He thought, taking note of every minor detail. 'Unless...'

As soon as it was done, you deactivated your Hatsu and slumped to the ground, panting in exhaustion. "I-It disappeared... What does that make me, Wing-san?" You look up at him with your dazed orbs.

Wing smiled. "You're a Specialist (Y/N)-chan. Usually, there are 5 results for Water Divination, but anything else that happens signifies that you're a Specialist."

"Oh, I see..." you mumble. 

"Except that the leaf didn't really disappear," Killua spoke up, his voice crisp and clear.  

"Huh? It didn't?" You ask, looking back at the glass, then at Killua with a questioning look. "But there's only water that's almost filled to the brim..."

"That's because the leaf turned into water." He steps closer. "Notice how there's slightly more of it than before?" Killua points out, crouching down to the glass' level.

Tilting your head in confusion, you brought your face closer to it. Sure enough, the water level was slightly higher. Your jaw dropped in shock at this.

"You're right! How did you figure it out?" Whipping your head to look at him, you asked Killua in awe.

"I had to look very closely," he replies, standing up once more and giving you a sidelong glance.

After listening to Killua's observations, Wing hummed in understanding. "I see. Very impressive." He paused for a while, as if deep in thought, before snapping out of it. "Oh yes, I must get a new leaf for Alluka. Wait here for a bit," he said, before stepping out of the room.

Soon after he left, you turned to Killua. "Hey, remember when you asked if I was a Specialist before?"

He nods. "Why?"