[15] Coagulate

The deafening shouts and screams of the crowd were all you could hear. 

As a member of that audience, you could almost feel the seats vibrate due to the sheer volume of their cheers. You could feel the excitement and hype flooding out from each person, warming the air around them. Needless to say, this was hard to get used to. The kind of crowd you've grown accustomed to while fighting at the lower levels could never compare to one here at the top.

You scanned the crowd, looking at each of their excited faces, then at the ring in the center of the arena. However, even as your eyes landed on it, they seemed to gaze off into the distance instead, as a thought wandered to your head: Would people cheer for you this way if you reached the 200s as well?

You, along with Killua, Alluka, and Wing, sat in the bleachers waiting, almost impatiently, for Zushi's match to start. 

To your right was Alluka. Her smile was brimming with excitement as she fidgeted restlessly, looking at the empty ring where the fight will take place. Meanwhile to your left, was Killua. Despite the loud cheers and screams of the people, he retained his usual calm composure, yet his deep blue eyes held the smallest hint of anticipation.

Beside Killua was Wing. He was leaning forward a little, letting his chin rest on clasped hands. He had a serious, almost expectant look on his face. It reminded you of how he looked when teaching you and Alluka. 

Finally, after moments of waiting, you hear the announcer speak. Her loud, enthusiastic, voice was enough to quiet down the audience a little.

"WELCOME TO TODAY'S MATCH, EVERYONE!!" She begins, earning a loud, united cheer from the audience.  

"FOR TODAY'S FIGHTERS, WE HAVE ZUSHI, OUR YOUNGEST CONTENDER IN THE 200s!! SPORTING A DECENT 4-1 RECORD, I WONDER HOW HE WILL FARE TODAY?!"

As she yelled this, Zushi enters from one end of the arena. His confidence shone through his straight posture as his hands balled to fists by his sides. Resolutely, he walked to the ring with a serious expression on his face.

"Woah! There he is! GO ZUSHI!!" You yelled at the top of your lungs, even though your cheers were drowned out by the crowd. 

Meanwhile, Alluka, overcome with curiosity, asked Killua what the 4-1 record meant. 

"It means he's won 4 matches and lost 1 so far," he explained, leaning closer to her so she can hear. "Winning 10 matches grants you the right to challenge a floor master, while losing 4 disqualifies you from the 200s."

Her eyebrows gradually rise as her mouth forms into an O shape. "Ohh! I see!" she exclaims, nodding quickly in understanding. Then, she turns to the match before her and proceeds to cheer for Zushi. Killua only chuckles at this, before focusing on the match as well.

"NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE, BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 7-2 RECORD, WE HAVE THE ONE AND ONLY... SANGUIS!!" The announcer screams. 

As she said that, a tall, young man, who's not much older than you, appeared on the other side. Curiously, you peer at him, wanting to know what Zushi's opponent is like. 

What caught your eye about him was his opened up duffel coat the color of clotted blood. Underneath it was a lighter-colored shirt and dark-colored pants. By his side, you see a sheathed weapon, about the length of his forearm.

Wearing a relaxed, almost boastful expression, Sanguis calmly, but purposefully strolled forward towards the ring, stopping right in front of Zushi's smaller frame.

'Woah, he's got presence,' you thought, instantly drawn to his charisma. 

Meanwhile, Killua's brows slightly crease as he observes Sanguis. Slowly, an uneasy feeling settles onto the pit of his stomach the more he looks at him, though he wasn't sure why.