Chapter 18

A/N wassup?!?! I'm here with another update! Enjoy!

The school day dragged on but it finally ended and I was relieved. I decided to hang out with Steven after school while the twins were probably hanging out with Leor.

"You want to go get ice cream? I know a good place." "Sure." "Do you have a bike? The place isn't in walking distance." "Yeah."

We stopped by our houses dropping off our backpacks and getting our bikes. We rode our bikes over to Coldstone. It was in the same area as where Sky and I took Steven. We got our ice creams then rode our bikes to a nearby park where we ate the ice cream.

"You know, when I moved here, I thought it'd be hard to make friends. You, Leor, Sky, and Sydney welcomed me into your group with welcome arms. Thank you." "You don't have to thank me. You're the new member of the Outsiders group." "Why are you guys called the Outsiders?" "Our group is made up of people that you wouldn't think would sit together. The football team captain and quarterback, the yearbook photographer guy, the artsy guy, the nerd, and now, the singer/guitarist. You'd expect them to sit with their own groups but what you wouldn't expect is for them to have known each other for over ten years." "Wow. I am honored to be a part of this group."

I smiled and said, "We should start heading back now, it's getting dark." "Yeah, let's go."

We got up and went towards our bikes then got on and started riding back to my house. On the way back, we talked and laughed and had a great time.

"Well, see you at school." "Bye, see you tomorrow." I closed the door and walked into the kitchen to check the time. It was 6:20 so I decided to start cooking pasta.

After putting the water to boil on the stove, I walked to the living room and grabbed my bag before going back to the kitchen and putting it on the island. I grabbed my math book and started working on it.

The water was bubbling a little while later so I got up and put the pasta into the pot before lowering the stove temperature and sitting back down.

My mom came in a little while later. "Hi mom. How was work?" "Hi Maya. It was good. Tiring, but still good." "Great."

I got up to check the pasta and realized it was ready so I took it off of the stove. "Whatcha making." "Pasta." "Ooh, yum."

My mom grabbed two plates and handed me one. Each of us took a small amount of pasta and put different things on it. I went with cheese and my mom went with the classic pasta sauce.

We were quiet during dinner, like usual. It was awkward to have just the two of us at the table. When I was younger, my dad would always make us laugh while we had family nights.

All four of us would gather around in the living room and play games then watch movies. That was, until the incident happened.

I got up and put my plate in the sink. "I'm going to be up in my room doing homework if you need me mom." "Okay."

I grabbed my bag from the kitchen then went upstairs to my room. I turned on my music and one of my favorite Five Seconds of Summer songs came on.

"Do do do d-do do do do do do

She's a good girl
She's Daddy's favourite
He's saved for Harvard
He know she'll make it
She's good at school
She's never truant
She can speak French
I think she's fluent

'Cause every night she studies hard in her room
At least that's what her parents assume
But she sneaks out the window to meet with her boyfriend
Here's what she told me the time that I caught 'em"

I started jamming out to the song, forgetting about my homework for the time being.

She said to me:
"Forget what you thought
'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught.
So just turn around and forget what you saw
'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

I started shaking my head back and forth, going crazy until the song was over. I went back to homework and pretended that nothing had happened.

I was sure that I heard my mom's laughter echo down the hall but I ignored it and kept working on homework.

I finished about twenty minutes later and decided to take a shower. And of course, me being me, I took a thirty minute shower.

I got out then changed into pjs and put my hair into a braid. I walked downstairs to see what my mom was up to. She was watching 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' so I decided to watch with her because Harry Potter is awesome.

Even though I've watched the movie a couple of times and read the book, I still cried at the end (no spoilers cause I don't wanna be rude). It gets me every time. I loved the Wesley twins. I got too attached to them.

A/N what's up everybody and welcome back to another daily update. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think of Maya and Steven's friendship? What do you think the incident she's talking about is?

Quick self promo: I got three more books up, go check it out if you're into boyxboy content :)

Don't forget to comment and vote cause it's means the world to me. Until tomorrow...

Peace out everyone. x