Chapter 2

"But if you look then you won't find her there

She may be clever but she just acts too square

'Cause in the back of the room where nobody looks

She'll be with her boyfriend

She's not reading books!"

My phone was ringing. I stood up and answered the phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"You're sexy and hot" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, then it hit me...

Leor has a crush on me! That's insane! The most popular guy at school, captain of the football team, my best friend, has a crush on me, the nerdy loner girl of the school!

*Leor's POV*

Oh my god! Maya's going to think I'm a creep! I can't believe I said that to her! I should've called someone else! Maybe if I called Leilah she might've played along and got me out of this situation... Nah she's too much of a bitch to help her own twin.

Maya's face was flushed a bright pink color and her face clearly read that she is surprised. Ugh she's never going to like me like that and now it's just going to be awkward between the two of us.

"How long?" She asked me.

"Six years," I replied. Her face turned even more surprised.

*Maya's POV*

Six years! He's liked me for six years! I have been clueless for six years! Man, he hides his emotions really well!

"Can I try something?" He asked me. I wonder what it is...

"Sure?" I asked, still quite clueless.

Leor cupped my face with his hand and came closer to my face. His eyes fluttered shut, before I knew what was happening, I felt lips on mine. Leor was kissing me! My eyes fluttered shut and I kissed him back. We pulled away a little while later.

"You know, that was my first kiss?" I said slowly and quietly. That just made Leor's smile get wider. "I know." He pecked my lips one more time before turning and going up the stairs.

"You coming?" He asked.

"Where?" I said still dazed.

"To my room. I'm tired." This is going to be an awkward night, sleeping with him in the same bed and all.

"Yeah," I said too dazed and tired to say anything else. I grabbed my shirt and put it on then started walking up the stairs.

I got to his room and collapsed onto Leor's bed.

"Hey Maya?"

"Yeah?"

"I've wanted to ask you this for a while and now I finally had enough courage to ask. But I was wondering..." He looked really nervous now. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I answered him with a short kiss and then I said, "I'd love to Leor!"

*Next Day*

I woke up to breathing on my neck. I tried to stretch but realized that something was holding me down. I looked down and realized that they were arms. I turned my head to see who the arms belonged to and realized they were Leor's arms. Last night's activities flashed through my mind and I smiled. I kissed Leor on the lips and he kissed back.

"Good morning," he said, voice raspy.

"Morning," I said back to him.

"C'mon, let's go eat," Leor said getting up.

"Okay let's go." We walked to the kitchen and started making pancakes. We should make cupcakes today! I thought. "Hey Leor! We should make cupcakes today!" I love cupcakes and Leor knows that I do.

"Okay, what flavor?" Leor asked.

"Chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet!" Those are my favorite flavors.

"Let's go to the store after breakfast to buy the ingredients. I ran out of them the last time we made cupcakes."

"Okay works for me! As long as we get to make the cupcakes!"

I finished my breakfast and went upstairs to get dressed. It is a pretty warm day today so I put on a white shirt that says 'weekend warrior' on the front, blue faded jean shorts, and gray vans. I put my hair up in a messy bun and fixed my glasses on my face. I then went downstairs to the living room.

When I got to the living room, Leor was sitting on a couch dressed in a long sleeved light grey shirt with the sleeves bunched up around his elbows, blue basketball shorts, white SUPRAS and a SnapBack. I have to admit, he looked good.

"Hey Maya, is it okay if we walk to the store? It seems like a nice day today and the store isn't far."

"Oh sure!"

I grabbed my phone and Leor grabbed his phone, wallet and house keys. We walked outside to start our journey to a mystical land that goes by the name of Pavilions!

"Hey Leor, when are your parents coming home from their business trips?" His parents left on Wednesday, his mom to New York and his dad to Florida.

"Monday night," Leor said.

"We should totally hang out for the rest of the weekend at your house. It will probably be just us because Leilah will probably stay at Sam's house for the whole weekend to get away from us!"

"Yes we should! Lets also buy some more snacks for our movie nights!"

"YAY! WEEKEND SLEEPOVER PARTY!"

We kept walking in a comfortable silence in which mine and Leor's hands got intertwined.

A/N *awkwardly waves* hi. How are you liking the story so far? Do think that Maya and Leor would make a cute couple? Comment any thoughts on the book so far. Can we get 2 comments? That'd be awesome. Anyways, peace out everyone. x