Chapter 10

A/N sorry for not updating last week, I was very busy.

I hope you like the chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Enjoy!

"Counted all my mistakes and there's only one
Standing out from the list of the things I've done
All the rest of my crimes don't come close
To the look on your face when I let you go"

I woke up to my alarm blaring out One Direction's 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go' and instead of turning off my alarm, I let it play as I got out of bed and danced around my room.

"So I built you a house from a broken home
And I wrote you a song with the words you spoke
Yeah it took me some time but I figured out"

As I sang along, I attempted to play air guitar and probably looked very stupid.

"How to fix up a heart that I let down!" My mom sang as she walked into the room.

"Now I'm searching every lonely place
Every corner calling out your name
Tryna find you but I just don't know
Where do broken hearts go?
Where do broken hearts go?"

We danced around the room for the rest of the song until my mom said, "You should start getting ready for school." She then walked out of the room like nothing had happened.

I went over to my dresser as the song 'Fool's Gold' came on. I danced as I grabbed a white shirt that had the Hogwarts logo on it, a pair of dark blue jean shorts, a red and black flannel, and black ankle boots. I took a quick shower and then got dressed. I put my hair up in messy bun after brushing it.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I grabbed a granola bar and started eating it.

Leor sent me a text saying he's outside so I finished my granola bar and grabbed my backpack. I opened the door, locking it after walking out and opened the door to Leor's car.

"Morning," he greeted.

"Morning" I said back.

We got to school after picking up the twins and walked to Leor's locker. Steven walked over to us a little while later.

"Hello," he said.

"Hi," we all replied.

He turned around and walked to a locker that was four down from Leor's and opened it while grabbing some books.

"So, what buildings are you guys going to?" He asked. our school has different buildings that are lettered instead of numbered.

"Sky and I are going over to the H building..." "...while Leor and I are staying here in the E building." "Cool, I'm heading to the F building, see you later." Steven waved then walked off. The four of us then walked to the S building, which was where my locker was along with Sky's and Sydney's.

"So do you guys want to hang out after school today?"

"Sorry Maya, I have football practice and coach would be mad if I skipped. We have a big game this weekend so we have practice everyday after school this week."

"And I have to stay after to finish a project in photography that my teacher wants us to turn in tomorrow."

"Oh, ok, well I guess it's just you and me, Sky," I said turning to look at Sky.

"Hey, maybe Steven would want to come with us!" Sky said happily. "I can ask him in English!"

At lunch, Sky told me that Steven had agreed to hanging out. "So what are we going to do after school?" Steven asked.

"Well, I was thinking that since you're new here, we can show you around." Sky replied looking at me to confirm. I nodded and Steven said, "Sounds good, where should we meet?"

"Meet us at my locker, number 2955. It's in the S building." "Okay, I'll see you then."

Sky and I talked about where to take Steven. We decided to take him to our favorite places in the area.

After school ended, the three of us walked to Sky's house so he could get his mom's car. It would be better to drive it around instead of walking.

"Okay, thanks mom," Sky said as he closed the door. "I got the keys." He turned to us and held up the keys.

We walked to the garage and I got in the passenger's seat of the BMW, Sky in the driver's seat and Steven in the back seat.

We drove past the school and a little ways after, we had passed the Sugar Village. "This is the Sugar Village, this was the most popular place in middle school, everyone used to hang out here. Now the only people from school that hang out here are Sky, Sydney, Leor and I."

Sky pulled into the parking lot. "Might as well get some Starbucks while we're here," he said then shrugged and got out of the car.

The three of us got Starbucks and then we went back to the car and Sky turned towards the right once he got out of the parking lot then turned right again and kept driving. We soon had got to where we wanted to go. "Okay, so here we have a movie theatre, menchies, Michael's and more. I highly recommend watching a movie here instead of the other amc that we'll see later," Sky said.

"Cool, this looks like a nice place."

We then drove for about ten minutes after showing Steven the stores that were in that area. "Our last stop is the mall. There's two malls in this area though. One is connected to the amc that we talked about earlier, it doesn't really have that much stores. The other is the actual mall with places like Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale and American Eagle."

After going to the mall, we dropped Steven off at his house before we drove to my house.

"Now I see why you like Steven, he seems like a really nice guy." "Yup, I know how to pick people to crush on." The two of us laughed before opening the door and walking out.

"Ugh, I have to do homework!" I exclaimed. "Me too, what subjects?" "Math, English and history." "Do you want to work on English together?" "Sure."

Sky and I have the same English teacher but I have her sixth period while Sky has her first period.

After English, we both moved onto math. "Oh! Dang it, I left my book in my locker!" Sky exclaimed. "It's okay, you can borrow mine."

I finished math before Sky so I went onto history. History is the easiest subject when it comes to homework, then is math, English and science.

When I finished history, Sky had just gotten started with science. "Hey Maya?" "Hmm?" "Can you help me with this, I don't understand the question." "Sure" I grabbed his book and started explaining, "What the question means is..."

A/N once again, sorry for not updating last week.

What did you think of the little 'tour' that Maya and Sky took Steven on? Who's our favorite character in the story so far?

Picture of Steven is on the side, he looks so cute and innocent and I just wanna pinch his cheeks.

Not book-related but what do you think of the new One Direction song, Drag Me Down? What do you think of 5sos' She's Kinda Hot?

I love both songs so much.

(Self-promo)

I started a boyxboy one-shot book if y'all wanna go check that out.

Anygay... Back to the book.

Should I start doing updates twice a week? Idk.

Be sure to comment and vote if you like it.

Goal of the chapter, you know what, I'm gonna stop doing this.

Peace out everyone. x