Chapter 6

A/N hi, how are you? Hope you like the chapter!

Enjoy

As soon as I opened the door, I was engulfed in a hug and immediately knew it was my mom so I hugged back.

"How was your first day of school? Did you have fun? What did you do? Did you make any new friends?" Every year on the first day of school, she always asks the same four questions.

"It was good. It was kind of boring. All we did was go over the expectations of whatever class we were in. No I still only have Leor, Sky, and Sydney." My mom knows that my only friends are the twins and Leor, but she really wants me to have a girl friend and not just guy friends.

I had a girl friend named Donna, but she moved to Israel back in the sixth grade. Donna, Leor, and I were like the three musketeers. We were inseparable, that is, until Donna moved away. We tried staying in contact over the years, but as they passed, the two of us got to the point where we don't talk unless it's something really important and I miss her so much.

"Well, sounds good! Guess what happened at work today?" She asked excitedly.

"What?" I asked.

"I got a promotion!" She said happily.

"Oh my gosh! Really?!" I said happily.

"Yup, that's why I was at a meeting this morning, they wanted to talk to me about the promotion! The thing is, I'll have more hours of work so I might not be here when you leave in the mornings and when you get back, but I'll be sure to be at home for dinner every night!"

"Okay. That's great. I hope you don't get too tired working the long shifts."

"Okay I won't," She said.

I walked upstairs and collapsed on my bed, "ugh, today was a long day," I groaned. It was around four and I knew that I wouldn't have anything to do today so I went into my bathroom and took a nice, long, warm shower. By the time I got out it was 4:30 so I changed into a shirt and a pair of sweats then grabbed my MacBook Air and sat on my bed.

I put on my headphones and went onto Youtube. I was on YouTube for about two hours watching Jack, Mikey and Joe when my mom called me down for dinner.

After dinner, I went back up to my room and grabbed my phone. Turning it on, I saw I had two texts, one from Leor and the other from Sky. I decided to open Sky's first.

Sky✌️: OMG so there's like this really cute guy, he's new, and he's in my math and English classes but I know that he's not gay so what am I supposed to do?!

Me: hm... I think you should try to be friends with him first and then see what happens from there. If you do become friends don't forget to introduce him to me!

Sky✌️: okay, thanks :3

Me: you're welcome :3

I then replied to Leor's text.

Leor🙈: hey beautiful ;)

Me: I'm not beautiful...

Leor🙈: ...and the earth is flat

Leor🙈: are we listing things that are untrue?

Leor🙈: because you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, would I lie to you?

Me: no, you wouldn't...

Leor🙈: good, I'm glad you believe me

Leor🙈: so anyways, back to the reason I texted you... Are you free Saturday night?