twenty-eight

After Zayn and Perrie left Liam's yesterday, everyone became very wary of us. Us being Harry and I. They talked with us, joked with us, laughed with us- but they were all awkward about it.

As much as they were talking about how cute we were, and happy they were for us, it seemed to just vanish.

Gone.

Now they were looking at us like a ticking time bomb, waiting for something to go wrong. To be honest it really pissed me off, and I felt as if I actually would explode at any second. I leaned over to Harry,

"I think we should go now." No questions asked, he just nodded and announced our leave. Everyone said bye and congratulated us again, but it was almost forced.

We walked back out to his car, buckling up and taking off. I was silent; upset and annoyed. I could see Harry give me side glances out of my peripheral vision, so I grabbed his free hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I just couldn't handle being watched like a zoo animal anymore."

"Don't worry love," he chuckled. "I felt the same. I was debating whether or not to drag you out of there myself so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore," I giggled and he ran his large thumb over the back of my hand. "Well. I'm not quite sure if that went well or not."

"I don't think so," I said quietly. A few more minutes of silence and we were back at my house. We walked I and settled down on the couch- and I started crying.

"Love, please don't cry," Harry wiped my face gently. "Why are you crying?"

"Nothing ever goes right. Nothing. Just when I think things are going right- that maybe hey, life is giving me a break- things screw up." I hiccuped for breath, realizing I probably sounded petty and stupid but didn't care. Harry wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Sh, Ali. It's okay. Everything is alright now, okay? No need to be upset. Things are going well. For now. Even if that changes, you can always make it good." I cuddled into his side and pondered his words. I opened my mouth to say something when my phone beeped, notifying me that someone on tTwitter mentioned me. I unlocked my phone, confused, and read the Tweet with a picture of Harry and I,

"@zaynmalik1D: Congrats to @harrystyles and @aliwarren on your new relationship. you guys are cute x" [image]

Suddenly my notifications were blowing with mentions from people, such as "aw you guys are cute" and "i ship it! #Halissa" and the occasional "back off bitch he's mine." #Halissa started trending quickly, and I saw exactly what Zayn did. He shoved me straight into the limelight.

"What the hell?" I muttered. "How could he?" I raised my voice slightly. "We were gonna- I was- He just- ugh!" I ran a hand through my hair and sighed frustratedly.

"I can't believe he would do that," Harry said calmy, but anger clear in his voice. "He knew we were going to wait a bit to tell people. And he- that son of a-" he shook his head. "Words cannot describe him right now." He sighed. "He acts like such a child sometimes."

"He really does." I picked at my fingernails and stood up, walking towards the front door. "And I'm going to do something about it."

><

I had tried Trisha's house to see if Zayn was there, but he was at his own home with Perrie. So I told Trisha what happened- she was happy for Harry and I, but upset with Zayn- and she gave me his address.

I convinced Harry to stay at my place while I went to Zayn's. I told him it was something I needed to talk out with him.

He obliviously agreed.

What he didn't know, as I was driving to Zayn's flat, is that I was planning how to get Perrie away if she was there. Then I would really talk things out with him; I was going to bring up the kiss.

Soon, engrossed in my thoughts, I pulled up to the flat complex. I sat in the car for a few minutes, mentally planning everything out. I finally worked up some courage and turned my car off, heading up the stairs.

I checked the sticky note Trisha gave me with Zayn's address, looking for the correct room number. I found it on the fourth floor- flat 438.

I knocked.

"Hello?"

><

><

><

cutting it short bc next chapter equals dramaaaa
HAVE YALL SEEN MY BABY'S HAIR IT IS GORGEOUS OMG
hey guys it's my bdayyy (yesterday) & y'all get an update :D happy late valentines day! vote goal: 700+ votes comment goal: 5+ comments. ily guys.

qotc: dO YOU LIKE ZAYNS HAIR

aotc: YES VERY MUCH

~

CONTEST IS OVER.

I've received about three covers, which was sad but okay. and I've chosen a winner. I'll post it next chapter (: x