twenty-five

**pay attention to point of view change later on**

Harry and I have hung out more lately, and he's been very open about his feelings for me now. I don't know what it is, but I find his little gestures endearing.

Opening doors for me when we go out. Shielding me whenever paps crowd around us too much. Paying for meals whenever we eat out. Keeping me company while I'm at work.

It's the little things that he does that make me smile.

I was sitting at work right now, actually, and he was leaning on the counter listening to me talk about my day.

"-and then the old lady asked me about the lingerie in the back, and it was so embarrassing," I explained. He laughed,

"How old was she again?"

"Like eighty-fricking-years old! Oh my god," I felt my face flush with heat at the morbid memory. "Then she wanted to try it on and just, I had to call Moni over because I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry." Harry laughed again loudly, causing a few girls to look over in suspicion.

"Oh my god," I heard one say, speaking to the girl next to her. "Is that Harry?"

"Run," I whispered. His eyes widened and he shot to the back of the store, closing and locking the door behind him.

"It is Harry Styles!" she shrieked. More girls looked over with peaked interest and Moni, from across the store, shared a terrified look with me.

"Moni call Roger! He's out front," I called out. She nodded and went outside. Roger was like our personal body gaurd, kind of like how Paul was to the boys. Seconds later she returned with him at her feet.

"Is there a problem?"

><

After the whole mess being sorted out with Harry and all the girls, we closed up shop and headed home. Harry came with me, having driven me to work, and I invited him to stay for dinner.

He accepted.

Of course he did.

Surprisingly, I'm not even fazed by his openness of his feelings. I just, accept them. And having been around him so much lately, I feel I'm slowly starting to reciprocate them. Maybe not to the extent as he, but I do feel something more than just a friendship between us.

He's just so sweet- always has been- and it's hard not to feel something for him. I was smiling to myself as I thought of him when he interrupted my doing so, ruining my train of thought.

"Y'know, Zayn has been wanting to speak with you." I gulped silently.

"He has?" I chopped up some chicken and threw it into the frying pan, having started a pot of rice as well.

"He has. Says it's important, and he might swing by any day. But he said stuff like 'oh gotta find the right time and work up courage' or some pansy arse shit like that, and I think he's just stalling," he explained animatedly, making me laugh.

"Well, then I guess it must be important," I said quietly, "Whatever it is," I murmured even softer. I frowned, thinking it was probably about the kiss and how it was a mistake or something. Harry took no notice and got out some plates for when I was done with the food.

"Paper or regular?" he asked after a few silent moments.

"Well, I hate doing dishes so how about paper plates?"

"Fine by me," he chuckled back.

I'd finished seasoning and cooking the chicken, and the rice was almost done. I put some chicken on each plate and waited for the rice to finish, grabbing forks and napkins. When it was finally done, I put some on each plate as well, grabbing them both and asking,