thirty-one

cover by my friend Melinda-Bob , i like this one c:

><

Zayn stared at me. I just confessed I still loved him, what else would he do? I know I would probably just sit there and stare. Maybe yell.

I'm glad he didn't yell.

"I'm sorry Zayn, but I do. So I can't tell you to get lost. I care way too much to let you do that. I just-"

"The wedding is in a week," he blurted. I blinked once, not quite processing what he just said. "And you're still invited. Hell, she still wants you to be Maid of Honor." I gaped at him.

"Really? But, that's so close, and really? She still wants me to be the Maid of Honor?" he nodded.

"Yeah. She wants to put- well, us behind and move forward. I'm not so sure it'll work, but I'm pretty sure she's not changing her mind." I nodded and licked my dry lips.

"Alright then. See you in a week."

><

"Today's the big day," I smiled at Perrie, admiring her in her beautiful silky white gown. She grinned back at me, full of excitement.

"I know. I'm so excited," she breathed and I laughed.

"You look absolutley stunning, proper gorgeous," Jade commented from behind me. The rest of the girls and I stood back to observe the beauty she was radiating.

I was totally an completely jealous.

This should be my wedding day. I should be the one to walk down the aisle in a pretty white dress. I should vow my eternal love to him, say the I do's.

I should be the one marrying Zayn.

But of course, that's just not how life worked out for me. Instead I'm the fucking Maid of Honor. It's like she's silently taunting me, daring me to step out of line so people will hate me.

The wedding was starting. I had to walk down the aisle with a groomsman, who was Niall because he was the Best Man. We walked slowly and timely to the music, smiling at the large amount of people we passed along the way. We reached the end and I briefly shot a smile to Zayn, who sadly smiled back at me.

One by one, the girls walked down in their matching light blue dresses, similar to my own but a different style. I smiled when louder music started playing and Perrie appeared by the door. She took slow, graceful steps towards us. I felt even more jealous.

I basically tuned out and just watched as the preacher, well, preached and they said their vows. I noticed Zayn was off, but turned away slightly. Harry mouthed to me if I was okay and I nodded, but he didn't look convinced.

"Do you, Perrie Edwards, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health? For-"

"I do," she rushed, giggling as the whole gathering of people behind us laughed along.

"Eager, aren't we?" the old man smiled. He turned, "And do you, Zayn Malik," I cringed when he pronounced his name totally wrong, "take this woman to be your lawfully wedded-"

"Don't say it." There was a collective gasp around the room.

"Excuse me sir?"

"Don't say it. I-I don't. I do not. I can't marry her," he stammered, backing away.

"What?" Perrie's voice was shrill. "You're fucking kidding me, right?"

"Miss, we are in a church-"

"Mrs.! Because you're going to marry us right now goddammit, do it! Now!" she stomped her foot like a whining toddler and I scoffed at her childish actions.

"No," Zayn barked and everything went silent, even the loud murmurs in the crowd. "I can't marry you Pez, and you know why." He shot me a look and she turned to glare at me.

"You," she spit.

"Me?" I asked.

"Her?" everybody else seemed to say, and I almost laughed.

"I didn't do anything," I defended myself. That's where everything went downhill.

"You lying bit-"

"Don't you dare say that to h-"

"Hey guys, why don't you shut up and calm the fuck down!" Harry roared. The preacher whispered words to himself and kissed his cross, making me feel awful. "Now, everyone is going to exit the room in an orderly fashion and we are," he pointed to him, Perrie, Zayn, and I, "are going to talk. Now!"

Everyone quickly cleared out and we all went to change. Harry texted us to meet him outside in five minutes, but I was struggling so I was late. When I finally got outside dressed in my sweats and t-shirt, there was mayhem within our small group.

"Where is Perrie? Did the other guys leave?" I asked Harry and Zayn who both looked stressed.

"Yes, but," Zayn shook his head and frustratedly hit the wall beside me.

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed. "What's going on? Where's Perrie?" He took a deep labored breath but Harry answered for him.

"She's gone."

"With who, why?" I questioned angrily. He gave me a concerned look but still, warily, answered me again.

"With your father, Alissa."

><

><

><

sorry i really suck with updates. any questions? ask me if you're confused. omg this book is ending in four chapters. im gonna cry guys ugh. did you hear about zayn leaving the tour?? bc i cried omg I wish people would stop being jerks and just let him be happy. anyways, before i rant forever. do i have guy readers?? my demographics say i have a few guy readers so like, idk please comment bc ily? yeah. comment goal: 5+ comments. vote goal: 830+ votes. you guys have brought this book far and make me proud, ilysfm. (: x.

qotc: is anybody scared for the last few chapters?

aotc: only for the last two holy crap shït will go downnn