four

Zayn had these... minor freak outs, every once in a while. The smallest thing could set him off, and then he'd be non-responsive for a couple days, then everything would go back to normal- as if nothing had ever happened in the first place.

I helped him through it, as did the rest of our little circle. Me and Cher helped him the most, but whenever we were away at competitions Harry and Liam were brought upon the job.

Unfortunately, Cher and I had another competition this week, the last of the year since it was now nearing the end of freshman year; I wasn't even 15 yet. Zayn just had another one of his, freak outs, and it was a little more severe than usual. He actually hit Harry this time.

And when we [the royal we, in my case] announced Cher's and mine leave, he had another one. He completely flipped, lashing out on us about 'leaving him all the time', especially when he apparently had an audition.

"I'm auditioning for X-factor, Ali! Y-you can't leave me, I need you here, with me..." he then broke down into a quiet sob. No one noticed since it was just me and him in the empty park we grew up with. I pouted at his broken state and kissed his forehead.

"Babe, I didn't know; you never mentioned it... I won't go to this competition. I'm coming with you to your audition." I smiled at him. He gaped at me.

"Really?" he asked. His face broke into a grin. He stuffed his face into my shoulder as he hugged me to death. "Thank you, Ali. So much. You're my best friend." I smiled uncontrollably at his adorableness. I mean, how much cuter can he get?

"You're welcome, Zayn. You're my best friend, too," I giggled as I stroked his long black hair. "And I'm always here for you." I kissed his cheek. He really seemed to calm down and he leaned into my touch.

"God, I love you so much Ali," he murmured into my neck. I tensed up and he looked up at me with wide eyes. "I-I would start making up excuses, but I've got nothing... I really do love you Alissa. You're my best friend in the whole world, you're my everything." I didn't know if he meant he loved me as a friend, or... You know.

"Well, you're my best friend too. I-I love you, too," I stuttered out, but with a smile on my face. He grinned widely and we started walking back home.

He lived in the house next to mine; that's how we met, actually. One day we left to walk to school at the same time, and he recognized me as the new girl. He was very shy to me at first, but really opened up and introduced me to all his friends. And now we're all best friends. I couldn't be more happy he decided to talk to me that day. I smiled at the thought.

"What ya thinkin' about?" he asked me with a giddy smile on his face. I giggled softly.

"I'm thinking about the day we first met. You remember? When you-"

"-acted like a total dork in front of you because I was so shy?" I let out an obnoxious laugh and covered my mouth. His eyes squinted up in the cutest way when he laughed at my reaction. "At least I opened up to you," he defended.

"Yeah, then we wouldn't have been best friends. What a tragedy," I joked. His smile faltered and a sad look passed over his face. His gaze turned to the ground and I immediately noticed my mistake.

"Zayn, oh, I was just joking. I don't know what I'd do without you," I lightly laughed, trying to ease up the newfound tension. "Please don't shut down on me..." I whispered, scared I'd make the matter worse. Suddenly his head shot up and he had a mischievous grin on his face.

"I know you were joking, love- I was too." He winked at me and I gaped, slapping him on the arm. "Ow!"

"You deserved it! That was mean," I pouted. He poked my cheek and laughed, his tongue peeking out behind his pearly whites.

"You love me anyway," he countered. I blushed and sheepishly grinned.

"Yeah, I do."

><

><

><

that was some background understanding/ knowledge on Zayn. short sorry but more coming up, hope you enjoyed ! x.