nineteen

I stared at him as he burst into the room, hair disheveled and eyes wild. I tried to speak, but no words came out of my open mouth.

"What the hell Alissa?" he panted. I looked at him confused and he continued. "You, you 'have a crush on me', you still fancy me? After all these years? Just, I mean." He ran a hand through his long hair, messing it up more than it already was.

Then he looked at me with an emotion in his eyes I couldn't detect, "Why?" That's what snapped me out of my trance.

"Why? Why? You were my best friend Zayn, for years you were. And I loved you. I really truly did. I never stopped, either. That day in my bedroom, when you walked in on me- that was just one giant misunderstanding.

"Olly was only comforting me that day, and you walked in at the wrong moment. A second before or after would've been better, just not that exact second you walked in," I ranted out, breathless.

"I call bullshit, that's not at all what it looked like when-"

"I know it wasn't what it looked like Zayn! I know it wasn't, but I really wish you'd trust me, or had trusted me, enough to believe otherwise. Cher believed me. The boys believed me. So did your mom, father, sisters; heck, I talked to Perrie at that point and she even believed me. Just you didn't," my voice cracked and I looked away from him. What came next was not at all what I was expecting.

"Really? You're pinning this on me now? Just fucking great," he laughed with no humor, scaring me a little.

"Excuse me?" I was vaguely aware of Doniyha still in the room, watching us. "I'm 'pinning this on you,' now am I?" I asked sarcastically. His eyes were blazing in fury and his nostrils flared as he nodded. "What the fuck is wrong with yo-" I was interrupted by Doni.

"Zayn, did you take your pills today?" His harsh glare was turned on her, leaving me slightly shocked. I mean. I knew he took pills now, of course. It definitely explained why he never freaked out anymore. So I guess I just didn't realize how much of an effect it put on him. This all came together when I saw the guilty look on his face.

"O-Of course I took them today," he lied not-so-smoothly. I squinted at him, as did Doniyha, and he gulped. All his anger dissipated.

"Do not lie to me, Zayn," she warned in a strict voice. He huffed.

"Fine. I didn't take them, okay? I-I forgot."

"Bullshit!" she yelled. "You know damn well to take them everyday, and you need forget. I can't believe you," she started ranting at him in Urdu, which I couldn't understand a word of. But Zayn narrowed his eyes and spit out the language back, obviously offended by her words.

"Guys?" I called out timidly, but they just kept yelling. It really started to bother me so I yelled, "Guys!" they both turned to me and I gave them a hard stare. "You booth need to calm down, like right now. It's giving me a headache." Doni sighed,

"I'm sorry, Lissa, hun." I shook my head and rubbed my temples. My head was now pounding and I was severely annoyed.

"Just, just stop. You," I pointed to Zayn, "need to A, get your shit together; and B, get out of my house." His fierce look softened and he almost pouted.

"B-but, why? I need to talk to you-"

"I don't care if you want to talk to me." I spat. Then looking at his adorable pout I amended, "We can talk tomorrow though." His face lit up.

"R-really? You sure?" I nodded. He started to slowly back out of the room and left with, "I'll text you, okay?" I shrugged and he turned on his heel, leaving my house.

"Should I leave, too?" Doniyha asked uncertainly. I gave her a stone cold glare,

"You're not going anywhere." I realized how creepy that was by her terrified look. I rubbed my hands over my face and sent a weak smile her way. "I don't feel stable. I need you; I just, need someone to talk to." She nodded and sat on my couch, patting the spot next to her.

"So tell me. I know there a question burning at your tongue; ask away." Doni bit her lip, like she knew what I was going to ask. I closed my eyes and sighed. Then I reopened them and went to sit beside her. I asked the question I was dying to know the answer of.

"Why did he freak out like that?"

><

><

><

short, ik, but i had to update like promised. next one will answer her question hehe. hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving! (if you live in the States lol) thank you so much for 2.57k reads and 220 votes! and jeez, 84 comments? dayumm. comment? comment goal: 5+ comments vote goal: 230+ votes.

qotc (bc im starting this so please answer you guys) : what's your fav song off the Four album ?

mine is 18 and Fools Gold. (: x.