thirty-four

"Please ma'am, just calm down and let me assess any and all injuries you may have," the nurse tried to hold me down but I couldn't sit still.

"There are two people here that want to pretty much murder me and my friends, I will not calm down. Can't they move to another hospital?" She shook her head.

"I'm sorry miss, but from the reports they're in critical condition, and this was the nearest hospital. They cannot be taken anywhere else." I sighed and let her check over me for any injuries. At least they're in critical condition and can't hurt us, I thought.

"Well," she pulled away from me to write on her clip board. "Looks like you're, in a sense, perfectly okay. Guess your boyfriend got you out at the perfect time." I looked down at my hands and sighed, relieved there was nothing wrong.

"Where is he? My boyfriend, Harry?" she looked at me with a waning smile.

"With your other friend, Zayn. He's... not doing so well," she slowly put away her clipboard and I immediately stood.

"Where are they?"

><

I burst into the room the nurse directed me to, possessed with distraught.

"Alissa?"

I looked up to see Harry walking towards me, arms extended out for a hug. I clung to him tightly and cried, looking past him to see Zayn.

"Why did this have to happen?" I asked weakly. Harry shushed me and wipers my tears with the pads of his thumbs.

"I don't know Als. I really don't. I never even dreamed of something like this happening. Right now, though? Let's just pray Zayn makes it." I stared at my old best friend and went to sit beside him.

"Has he woken up at all?"

"Yeah, but they gave him meds and he fell asleep again. God, I can't believe this is really happening," he rubbed his large hands over his face. I just sat there, staring at the angelic face of the boy who once stole my heart.

My heart started to race, and quick flashes of our childhood went through my mind, right before he walked in on me and Olly. I had a weird feeling. Not quite déjà vu, but like, a familiar feeling. Like it had happened recently, like I had just experienced it.

The feeling of Zayn getting hurt was growing still, and I suddenly became anxious of the future.

Nothing seemed real at the moment.

"Do you know where my father and Perrie are?" I asked on the verge of having a panic attack.

"Right here," a feminine voice called from behind, startling us both.

Perrie stood there, fresh cast on her ankle, bruises everywhere, hair a mess and a large cut on her forehead. In her hand was a pistol with a black grip, shaking because she was still in pain.

"I-I thought you were in critical condition," I stammered. She immediately aimed the gun at me and smirked, though the look on her face was still more of a grimace.

"Not that critical, obviously. Now, maybe I ask what you're doing standing over my husband?" I shot her a look of disgust.

"News flash- he isn't your husband. He doesn't love you Perrie. He loves me."

"But do you love him?" she shot back at me, obviously emotionally hurt. It showed in her eyes. I immediately answered,

"Yes."

Anger and heartbreak shone clearly in her eyes. She leant against the door way, the pistol still trained on my head.

"Well," she licked her dry lips, "if I can't be with him," she clicked the safety down, "no one can." In a split second she turned to aim the gun at Zayn and pulled the trigger.

"No!" I shouted and I threw myself in the way, but she was going to win this no matter what. I looked down to see blood slowly start to gush from my thin stomach, also feeling it trickle down my back.

"Alissa!" Harry shouted. He grabbed me and sat me down in the chair next to Zayn's bed.

Everything got quiet.

"Alissa," Harry whispered.

"Harry," I weakly coughed. I tasted the metallic, tangy flavor of my own blood. Tears started streaming down his face and I vaguely saw doctors pull away a screaming Perrie.

Everything was in slow motion.

"Why?" he cried, kissing my hand and sobbing into my lap.

"I," I winced in pain and coughed up more blood. "I wanted to save Zayn."

"That feeling you had..." he trailed off and looked towards Zayn. He sobbed harder and gripped my hand. "I'm sorry Alissa. This should've been me. I'm so sorry." I was confused, and let my head roll to the side to see a bullet sized hole through the side of Zayn's head.

It went through me and hit him.

He was dead.

I didn't save him. I couldn't. It was too late.

"No," I shook my head painfully, "No! I, I had to save you Zayn," I coughed ever harder and blood gushed from both my mouth and stomach. "I tried to save you," I cried.

My visions started going black.

More memories flashed in my mind. I remembered, suddenly, why Olly came over that day, the last day Zayn had talked to me. It was because I had had a nightmare about losing Zayn. I called Olly over, then texted Harry after he arrived to also come to my place.

I remembered the nightmare. A metaphoric nightmare of me not being able to save Zayn, to love him enough to just save him and keep him sane.

I've been living that nightmare this whole time. I looked to Harry's eyes and whispered,

"See you soon, Haz."

><

><

><

PLEASE READ THIS A/N !!

sooo idk if im feeling this chapter or not. like idk. it's a difficult transition for me. feel like i totally rushed it. so pleeaassee comment your thoughts. also please comment ideas for the sequel's title! or, if you wish, you can message me them (: either PM me here, or contact me on my kik (rissa_rocks215) or insta (marissaa.ruiz/ dm me there)

so yeah. hope y'all enjoyed ...?

qotc: how's your summer been now ?

aotc: shitty :/

ily babes vote& comment, hopefully ill post again soon xx