twenty-two

"You're kidding me right?" I pinned Katie down on the couch and she glared at me. "You knew Zayn and didn't tell me? I mean, I didn't realize you even lived next to his mum," she scoffed. I sighed.

"I'm great friends with his mum and sisters. And, his father. Also his fiancé, kinda. And the rest of One Direction. We all went to school together. He's kind of- or was kind of, my childhood best friend." She squinted at me and realization dawned on her.

"Oh. My. God. He was that boyfriend of yours that moved on, wasn't he?" I sheepishly gulped and nodded. I squeezed my eyes shut awaiting for her reaction, and she just huffed.

"You could've told me," I bit my lip and sat down next to her.

"I'm really sorry Katie," I weakly apologized. She kept quiet. "KatieBearrr," I drawled out, hoping she'd respond to me. She turned her head away from me and I frowned. Right as I was about to literally get on my knees and beg for forgiveness, she said,

"You kissed Zayn Malik?"

"What?" I started stuttering in a flustered manor. "What are you talking about? I mean. What do you mean?" I tried to keep my cool and stay calm. Luckily she didn't notice.

"You said you dated him for a while, right? So you guys kissed?" I let out a sharp breath and tried to play off my shock.

"Yeah, I mean. Once or twice." I shrugged and spoke quietly. "He was my first kiss." Her face was set in a deep scowl but softened when she saw the look on my face.

"Oh, love. You still like him, don't you?" I shrugged one of my shoulders, falling into her side. I continued speaking, completely forgetting Zayn was even in my house.

"I think I still love him. Though I don't know why. It's been forever. And also, he's moved on," I pushed away the thought of him kissing me. "He has a fiancé- Perrie- and I have... no one. Well, I have the boys. But Louis has Eleanor, and Harry is a loner I guess. I have him and Niall. Just not Zayn," I sighed and tried to ignore the pain in my heart.

What happened next surprised me.

Footsteps were heard above. Then a door slammed closed, and pounding was heard on the stairs as Zayn slowly came into view. He paused a second at the bottom at the stairwell, giving me a glossy eyed stare, full of emotion. Then he stormed out of my house, leaving both Katie and I in shock.

"What the hell," Katie exhaled. "Zayn. Malik. Just walked by me. He looked at me oh my god." She started to hyperventilate and I snapped,

"Now's not the time Katie!" and she gaped at me. She stood up and said,

"I think I'll let you be." I have her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry," I murmured. she shook her head and gave me a weak smile.

"It's okay. I mean, I was just in the same room as Zayn Malik and he looked at me, so I'm good I guess." I cocked my head at her.

"Didn't he sign your phone at the concert?"

"Well, yeah. But this was more enclosed of an area, and-"

"Alright! I get it! Goodbye now," I waved her off and shoved her out my front door. She laughed and started walking down the street. Maybe back to her apartment, to another friend's, the bus I don't know. I don't really care right now.

I walked back inside my house to my living room and laid down on the couch, debating whether it not to go after Zayn. A thought occurred to me.

I have a screwed up life.

><

><

><

the pic on the side (or on top) omg zayn looks like Flynn Rider from Tangled right ?!?! haha. so ive been told i write too many cliffhangers ( Vaguemalik lol) so here's me trying not to cliffhanger. But I made it short, because if I continued it would be a cliffhanger haha. So another update coming soon.

THANK YOU FOR 4.38k READS AND 315+ VOTES OH MY GOD !!! ILYSM <33

comment? comment goal: 5+ comments. vote goal: 325+ votes. y'all can do it ;). I really hope you enjoyed this (short) chapter. and I love those of you who have been here the whole book, so so much. thank you <3. (: x.

qotc: do you ship Zalissa?

aotc: i do :D