eleven

After a couple hours I decided to text my best friend, Katie, who flew to Florida just to see One Direction's last concert.

has the concert started yet? I asked her. After a minutes she responded,

no it hasn't. you realize how long this concert will be?? and with the time zones you're gonna be up at 5am. get ready to pull an all-nighter.

I sighed, realizing she was right. You see, our plan was to have her FaceTime me during the boys' last concert; she has front row seats. Also, I was going to text Niall to do something during the concert; hopefully it'll work out.

Right now I figured I'd take a nap with an alarm clock set for ten pm. I closed my eyes and desperately tried to sleep, though anxiety was eating at me, and my body refused to rest.

I finally did sleep, eventually. Even though it only felt like an hour, I ended up sleeping straight through my alarm and woke to the sound of my phone text-tone going off. I read my screen:

23 text message from KatieBear

14 miss calls from KatieBear

10 missed FaceTime calls from KatieBear

1 text message from unknown

I disregarded the unknown text and quickly FaceTimed Katie. Finally she picked up.

"Girl! You realize the concert started like an hour ago? You're lucky it's just opening act!" She screamed with music in the background.

"Who's playing?" I asked.

"5sos, oh my god I love them so much!" I rolled my eyes. They weren't my favorite band, but they were alright.

"FaceTime me when they get on stage, okay?" she threw me a thumbs up and ended the call. It wasn't until about an hour later that she called back.

"Hey!" she screamed as I answered. "Sorry! I kind of forgot the plan but, they're on! Don't worry, it's only been about 20 minutes!" I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"Well? Flip the camera!" she switched to the front camera and I squinted at the bad quality. "Are you on the wifi?" I asked her.

"Yeah!"

"Switch to data." She made a sound of protest, but flipped the camera around to show her pouty face and switched to data. When she turned it back to the stage, I saw a lot better quality, especially since she was on the benches up front.

"Hey Miami!" Niall yelled into his microphone, and the girls went wild, including Katie. I smiled at my Irish friend and laughed.

"Niall I know you!" Katie shouted, and he looked down and waved. The girls around her erupted into screams and I simply watched as this all went on. I kind of zoned out when they started singing happy birthday to a girl in the crowd.

"Damn, wish it was my birthday." Katie muttered into the phone. I snapped back to reality and nervously laughed. She suddenly gasped. "Zayn is coming over here!"

"What?!" All poor Katie knew was that he was my favorite in One Direction. She didn't know we actually used to date. So she held the phone up higher for me to see.

"Dammit, I got low battery Lissa, but- OH MY GOD. HE'S SIGNING PHONES. ZAYN, ZAYN PLEASE COME SIGN MY PHONE!" I saw him take the phone and smile as he signed it; I was close, so close.

Then it happened.

Oh god, it happened.

Somehow, with his fingers touching the screen, he hit the flip camera button, and I was no longer facing him. But for some reason, he flipped the phone around so the screen was facing him, and just goddamn.

The lights from the stage were hitting his face in all the right ways. He looked completely and without a doubt godly. I gasped as he glanced, then did a double take at the screen.

"Oh my god," he said. "Alissa?" He recognized me, he really recognized me! I started to say,

"Zayn! Oh god, I miss you Z! Please-" then the screen went black. I thought he ended the call, but a notification popped up saying the call was lost. I freaked out, desperately calling back and texting Katie's phone, but it was no use.

I even texted Niall multiple times, but he didn't answer. Then somebody- his name is Paul I think?- answered the phone for him, and said he forgot to take it on stage with him. Well, I guess my whole plan was ruined. I made a mental note to scold him later on.

And it wasn't until hours later (after many unsuccessful naps and frantic calls) that Katie texted me back saying she was so sorry her phone died. Then she demanded how Zayn knew me, and I knew I was in trouble. I sighed and plopped on my couch.

"Will things ever go right for me?" I wondered aloud. I then remembered the unknown text I got and decided to check it. My breathing hitched as I read,

Hey. I'm coming home in a few days. It's been four years, and I think that's long enough. If you want, maybe we can hang out when I get back from tour? Until then. -Z

><

><

><

you guys met the vote goal agaaaiinn. that makes me soo happy. thank you for 700 reads! hope you all enjoyed the new chapter of SMG ! comment? vote goal: 90+ please? (: x.