twenty-one

-back to Alissa'a pov-

I woke up with Doniyha's body strewn across mine. I smiled fondly at her and stroked her hair, nudging her slightly. She whined in her sleep, stirring a little but didn't wake.

"Doni," I whispered poking her face. She lazily slapped my hand away and I laughed, shaking my body and causing her to fall off of me. She sat up groggily and glared at me.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I laughed at how much she sounded like her brother.

"Because I have plans for the day and you were on top of me."

"Not good enough," she yawned, laying back down on my floor.

"You really are like your brother," I commented thoughtfully. She opened an eye and gave me a lazily confused look. I shrugged, "You both hate being woken up in the morning." She made an attempt to shrug at that, and mumbled something incoherently. I waved it off and stood up to take a shower. "You better be awake when I get back," I whispered to her.

I walked into my bathroom and stripped down so I could shower. I turned the hot water on and stepped into the steaming stream of water. For a moment I just stood there, thinking. Then I finally came to my senses and washed off, getting out if the shower and drying off.

I tiptoed to my room in a towel so I could get dressed. What I dressed in was a pair of black leggings and an oversized light blue jumper. It's November now, almost December, and it's quite cold. So I decided to put on my fuzzy Uggs, even though I'm probably staying home all day. I had today off for work.

Walking back out to the living I saw Doni sitting with a bowl of cereal, watching the Telly.

"Thank you so much, for eating my food," I thanked her sarcastically. She shrugged and offered me a bite of the Frosted Flakes she had, which I gladly are off her spoon. "I think your brother is coming over later," I murmured focusing on the television in front of me. She sighed.

"Why are you calling him 'my brother' and not by his name?" she asked.

Because it hurts to say his name, I thought. But I wasn't going to say that. So I shrugged.

"I dunno," I answered simply. She sighed again,

"Alright hun. I guess I'll get going and send him over, yeah?" I didn't respond, but she took it as an okay. She made her way around my kitchen; cleaning out the bowl she used, drying it and putting it away. Then she kissed my cheek and left, saying something I didn't hear.

After a few minutes there was a knock at my door, which I was quite hesitant to answer. But finally I got up and opened the door, revealing a stressed looking Zayn. He gave me a small smile,

"Hey. Alissa, um. Hi." I motioned for to come inside and we both walked to the living room, sitting on opposite ends of the couch. My mind started racing, going off visualizing fantasies of what may happen in the course out little talk.

"So, you said we could talk today?" he broke the silence. I shrugged.

"Yeah. I did. 'Cause last night was just... a roller coaster of events," I shook my head in disbelief and he let out a little laugh.

"You have no idea," he muttered. I looked at him, addressing his appaerance. He wore flip flops with sweat pants, and a tank top that was quite low hung and revealing. I cocked my head at him.

"What d'ya mean?" I asked nosily. He sighed and ran a hand through his messy raven hair. He sucked on his lip- which was extremely hot by the way- and seemed to contemplate whether or not to tell me.

"It's just." He started. "Perrie," he exhaled sharply and I nodded.

"Sorry if I, totally screwed things up," I apologized sheepishly, biting my lip and ducking my head. He looked at me with mixed emotions in his eyes I couldn't detect before shaking his head.

"You didn't, I promise. Perrie just, overreacted a little too much," he said. I gave him a disbelieving look and he scoffed. "I swear! Look, after this all blows over I bet you'll still be her Maid of Honor." I didn't say anything.

He moved over closer to me to the point where I was cornered by the chair arm. He reached over tentatively and placed a hand on my knee. I gulped and looked up into his deep hazel eyes.

"Look, Ali." I didn't even correct him. "I'm really sorry about my overreaction those years ago. And I'm willing to try everything I can to make things right between us. Please?" I stared at him.

"Please what." He sighed.

"Please forgive me?" I kept staring at him. I didn't know whether I could or not. "Please, Ali. Say something," he trailed off.

"You just found out I still fancy you. You don't feel awkward or anything?" I asked boldly without my voice wavering. His gaze fell over my face, first just staring at my eyes.

Then he looked at my nose; my cheeks. He brought his hand up to gently caress the side of my face.

Then I felt his eyes on my lips.

The tension in the air was so thick I could cut it with a knife. He opened his mouth to say something but first leaned in. My breathing hitched as felt his hot breath on my lips.

"Zayn."

"Ali." He replied simply.

"Answer my question." I tried to lean away a little but moved his hand to my neck, holding me in place.

"I can't feel awkward when I feel the same as you," he murmured, attaching his lips to mine.

My eyes shot wide open in shock but fluttered closed when I realized Zayn Malik was kissing me.

I felt a feeling of inexplicable joy as his slightly chapped lips molded against my softer ones. I could literally feel the sparks in the air; the air was ignited like the flame inside of me, lit by him. My body was so reactant to his as he played with my hair and kissed me, and I couldn't help but smile.

I snapped away though when I remembered he was engaged and technically cheating on Perrie with me right now.

"You-" I breathed out heavily. I shook my head. "You're engaged. To Perrie. This, this is you cheating on her. I'm not going to do that." He sighed in frustration.

"Please, Ali. Just... please," his time was one of defeat and desperation. The sound alone released a growl from me and I reconnected our lips. His mouth moved over mine with such experience, whereas the last kiss I had was with him four years ago. I was really starting to enjoy the kiss when there was a knock at the door.

"Oh my god," Zayn groaned leaning his forehead against mine. I giggled on the high of kissing him and jumped up to get the door, leaving him sitting on the couch. I opened it to reveal my best friend Katie that I kind of ditched after the concert. I gaped.

"Katie." She glared at me.

"Where have you been these past three weeks? I've called thousands of times and you don't answer. What the hell? You went AWAL on me bitch," she pushed her way into my house and I quickly ran in front of her.

"Run to my room Zayn!" I yelled. Katie looked at me with wide eyes.

"Zayn Malik?!" she shrieked. I heard shuffling in the living room and his heavy footsteps pound up the stairs. "Oh my god, you know Zayn Malik and didn't tell me?!"

You don't know the half of it.

><

><

><

heh. you guys im on a bus at my school writing this quickly lol. thank you so much for 3.66k reads and 285+ votes!! ily guys so so much you don't even know. comment? comment goal: 5+ comments. votes goal: 295+ vote (: x.

qotc: who's your fav out of the band?

mine is zayn (if it's not obvious lol)