twenty-nine

Picture on side/ above is the cover by @Finemess who loves it? ik i do (:

[unedited]

><

"Hello?" Zayn slurred as he opened his door, shirtless, the stench of alcohol flooding my nostrils. I took the tiniest step back, overwhelmed by the alcoholic fumes.

"Zayn? Why are you drunk? Where's Perrie?" I asked, worried because he looked so drunk. He cringed at all my questions and waved me off, walking inside, but he left the door open.

"Too many questions," he simply stated. I walked in after him and closed the front door. I got out my phone and texted Perrie asking where she was. "Perrie is gone. Left with Leigh and Jesy, Jade apparently had some announcement to make to them. I found the liquor," he snickered.

"Stop that," I scolded him grabbing the bottle out of his hands. He fell back onto his couch and made a whiny noise, reaching out his fingers for the bottle. "No! No more. What is this?" I smelled it and pulled away because of it's pungent odor. "Vodka? C'mon Z, you're better than this," I murmured, dumping it down the sink and putting away the glass.

"No 'm not," he muttered.

"Yes," I said as I sat down next to him, my hand covering his. "You are."

"No I'm not!" he yelled jumping up and making his way to the kitchen counter. He started breathing heavily, his back heaving up and down. I watched as his back muscles moved and rippled; tattoos on his arms glistening beside him. "I'm not better than this," I faintly heard him whisper.

"Zayn, you're drunk- "

"That doesn't change anything, Alissa!" I stayed quiet, taken aback at how upset he was. "I'm a terrible person- and you can't deny it because you don't even know the half of it."

"Then tell me," I pleaded, standing up and placing a hand gently on his back. He flinched but didn't move.

"Have you ever," he paused. "Have you ever loved someone," my breathing hitched, "so much, yet have so many obstacles in your way you didn't know what to do?"

"Yes." I spoke with no hesitation and a regretful look crossed his face.

"I don't mean- Ali, not like that babe-"

"Don't call me babe," I snapped defensively. "Just go on." He nodded.

"Well- have you ever, loved two people at the same time? And you had to be with one, but loved the other more?" I gasped silently and stared at him.

"Zayn- no, don't tell me-"

"Yes, Ali. I'm sorry. I love you so, so much, and I let you go. But I'm getting married to Perrie now, and I can't," he started breathing shakily, running a hand through his newly cut hair. "I can't do this."

"Don't say that Z. Just stop, before you do something you regret," I murmured as he got closer. He laughed bitterly,

"Who says I'll regret this?" He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me to him, lips hovering over mine. I slighty struggled against his grip.

"Don't do this," I whispered. "To me, to yourself- don't do this Zayn."

"I love you Alissa Warren, with all my heart," he said completely ignoring my pleas. He smashed his lips into mine, moving them against my still ones. "Goddammit, kiss me back," he said angrily.

My mouth was still shut and unmoving, disgusted by his alcoholic stench and taste, not wanting this to happen. I heard something move behind us, making me wrench myself away and turn around to see Perrie standing with her phone out, eyes shining with hurt and anger.

"You son of a bitch," she said.

"Perrie, I didn't-" I struggled with my words, but she waved me off.

"I know it wasn't you. That's clear. He's chasing some memory. But I think it's best if you leave now," she said stonily. I nodded my head and scurried to the front door, hovering for a second to see how it turned out. I quickly pulled out my phone to record what I might hear, cringing at how awful I was being. There was a sigh.

"I cannot believe you Zayn."

"Why not? I told you I still love her."

"Well I love you goddammit! And she's with Harry! Besides, Modest! and Simon told you you have to marry me." My mouth gaped and I took in the news. "She's over you Zayn- get over it."

"No! She's not over me! We've kissed before, and she kissed back that time. She was going to- I know she was- but you interrupted us." I bit my lip in anticipation.

"I didn't interrupt shit and you know it-"

"Stop it! Why can't you let me be with her Perrie?"

"Because she's over you and I love you! Harry loves her, and she'll grow to love him back! Okay? Why don't you understand this?" I could hear Zayn groan in anger but I couldn't stick around any longer.

I ran out the door, slamming it, running for my car. I jabbed my thumb at my phone screen and stopped the recording. I raced back to my house where Harry was waiting for me and showed him the recording.

"This is," he stopped after the recording. "Why did you record this?"

"I- I don't know," I said confused. I honestly don't why I did. I just did.

"Well. That is, uh. That is something." He paused. "I don't know what you want me to say, Ali." I opened my mouth and closed it again. I don't know what I wanted him to say either. I shrugged.

"Then don't say anything. We'll just wait this one out." I looked up at Harry and sent him a small smile. "It'll be okay."

><

It wasn't okay. Five days. It had been five days since I went to Zayn's apartment. And those five days have sucked ever so bitterly.

Perrie won't speak to me. She posted the picture of Zayn kissing me in his drunken state on some anonymous Twitter account. This caused many Mixers and Directioners to freak out and start hating on not only Zayn, but me as well. I recieved many hate comments and death threats; hundreds by the minute.

I didn't know what to do.

How was I to stop it? Halissa shippers suddenly wanted me dead. Girls were cutting and killing themselves over this. It wasn't my fault; I did nothing wrong. Bu the responsibility to stop it was passed onto me. But I couldn't.There was no way to.

I felt utterly helpless. And awful.

I was home alone, Harry over at his moms' place getting ready for a meeting with Modest!. I scrolled through my multiple notifications on Twitter, some too awful to even finish reading. But one stood out. The icon was that of an older man with what looked to be his wife. He looked familiar, with the username DannyWarren. My finger froze over the screen, realization dawning on me. I read the tweet.

"@DannyWarren: Alissa Warren, I leave you for 10 years and you start whoring around with celebrities? That is unacceptable. I am coming to England. I will find you and I will punish you."

My throat ran dry. Was it really him? I checked the icon photo again; it clearly was him. I couldn't believe it. I texted Harry immediatley, but was vague and only said I had something to tell him when he got back from the meeting. He responded with an 'ok' and I started pacing the room, anxious.

He could easily find me. The message was only sent four hours ago. I was in trouble.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, running my hands over my face. This was turning out to be an absolute nightmare. I took one more glance at my phone blowing up with notifications and turned it off. I couldn't deal with this, it was too much. So I took the easy way out of my emotions.

I cried.

><

><

><

dramaaa. plS DONT KILL ME GUYS. rebecca pls dont find me and kill me ill make it better i swear x. (no smiley face bc eh :/) comment goal: 5+ comments, vote goal: 775+ votes.

qotc: do you hate me?

aotc: yes :c