nine

"I said, what the hell is going on here?" He repeated. I looked at mine and Olly's position, our proximity. I quickly stood up and backed away from him.

"Oh! Zayn, n-no. It's not what it looks like!" My chest suddenly started to feel lighter than usual, and my head was spinning.

I felt like passing out and throwing up at the same time because I knew, just knew where this conversation was going. And I was scared.

"'Not what it looks like'? God, if that isn't the most used line in history. Besides, I know what I saw. I saw everything." My eyes started to tear up as I weakly protested. "Sorry, should I leave? You both looked pretty comfy before I walked in," he scoffed. Olly took this time to step in,

"Hey now, nothing is going on-"

"Don't tell me nothing is going on! I saw it with my own eyes! Am I blind? No. I'm not. I saw you kiss her. Man, I thought we were mates. What did I ever do to you? Why you gotta go make a move on my girl like that?" I stood there speechless.

"Listen, Zayn. Nothing. Happened. Between. Ali and I. Nothing. Believe me mate, okay? I promise, we're just friends, I was just comforting her since none of her friends were here for her," Oly gently tried to soothe Zayn. But obviously he chose the wrong words.

"Oh, so you're blaming me for not being here for her now? You calling me a bad boyfriend?"

"No! I'm not saying-"

"Zayn, babe, please calm down-"

"I WILL NOT CALM DO-"

"Whoa, what'd I walk in on here?" Harry asked walking into the room. I braced myself for the worst. Zayn threw his hands up in the air exasperatedly.

"Oh great, you're here too. I bet you knew about this! You were in on it, weren't you?" He rapid fire interrogated Harry.

"Wait, what? What're you talking about?" He looked at me confused, and I just started crying harder.

"Don't play dumb!"

"Zayn, please believe me, nothing is going on between Olly and I!" I yelled. He scoffed,

"You shitting me? Like I could believe that." I knew he was starting one of his little freak outs, and it should be over in a few days, but this was absolute torture.

"Z, man, calm down ple-"

"Oh, shut the fuck up. You may be bi and have a crush on Louis but mate, I know you liked Ali. And I know you still do! So don't go defending her when I know you probably have been doing stuff with her behind my back too!" Harry stayed silent and I gaped.

What. The actual. Hell.

"Get out." I forced the words out. They all looked at me.

"Who?" Olly asked.

"All of you. Out, just get out!" The all slowly shuffled out of my room. Zayn was the last to leave.

"I thought-" he shook his head. "I thought we had more trust than this." He finished. I scoffed through my tears.

"So did I." With that he left. As I sank into the comfiness of my bed, I didn't realize that this period of time of not talking to each other would last longer than the others. I didn't realize it was the last time I'd see him in person for a while.

The last time, for four years.

><

><

><

update because you guys met my vote goal! hope you enjoyed! and yeah, that all just happened. it kind of hurt to write that. comment if you liked it? vote goal: 60+ votes :) x.