twenty

"Why did he freak out like that?" Doniyha pursed her lips and sighed. "You don't have to say if you don't want to," I added quietly, but she quickly shook her head.

"Oh no, you more than deserve an explanation." I stayed silent, waiting for her to continue. "As you know, he's been taking pills lately," she started slowly. "They make him better. I mean- they make him, not lash out so much. Not freak out anymore, really. And they've been working.

"But the past couple days, I don't think he's been taking them. He shoved Waliyha the other day because she took his journal and wouldn't give it back," my ears perked up in interest. A journal? But she continued too quickly before I could ask, "And he yelled at mum too. Then just now..." she trailed off.

"Why would he stop taking his medicine?" I asked, baffled at the thought. She shrugged.

"I don't really know."

"Well he has to have a reason-"

"I said I don't know Alissa!" she snapped pounding a fist on the couch. I recoiled away from her and looked at her. I mean really looked at her.

Doniyha is one of the most beautiful girls I know, being completely honest. But in this moment, I couldn't help but view her as... Sad. Pitiful, even. She had bags under her eyes- which were bloodshot. She looked paler than usual. Hell, she even looked skinnier than usual. I immediately sat down next to her and asked,

"Oh god, I'm sorry; are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" she shrugged me off. I couldn't stop myself from feeling hurt.

"D, you know I love you but- you look awful," I reasoned. She scoffed,

"Thanks."

"Sorry," I threw my hands up in defense, then wrapped them around her. "You can tell me what's wrong girl. "I'm always here for you," I whispered. She sighed, rubbing her hands over her face.

"It's just. I mean," she groaned. "Zayn is bit of a hassle, yeah?" My eyes widened a bit because I thought she said something else.

"I thought you said asshole," I laughed. She joined in saying,

"Well yeah, that too." We fell into each other, laughing. After a while it died down, and we just sat there.

"You s'pose he'll change?" I randomly asked. She eyed me warily.

"What do you mean?"

"Like. You s'pose he'll get through this bpd stuff? Like maybe he'll get over the symptoms sometime in the future?" She stared at me for a moment then stared off into space, thinking it over.

"I'm not sure." I sighed.

"I hope so."

"Me too," she agreed. Then she said, "Medicine can only go so far."

-Zayn's POV-

I slowly walked back over to my mother's house, gripping my hair. I did it again, I freaked out on Alissa and my family, all because I didn't want to take the medicine anymore.

People might call me stupid, having borderline personality disorder and knowingly refusing the medicine. But I have my reasons. I want to overcome my bpd myself without medication.

These last four years I've been taking meds regularly, so I haven't really been myself. I mean. I've been myself, but I wasn't. If I was truly myself, I'd probably be lashing out on many people for many things.

I've slipped a few times, broken through the spell of the medicine. Like this one time, a pap was harassing a fan- a Directioner-, and I was so pissed I could barely restrain myself from beating him senseless. I hated when people messed with the ones I loved. And of course, I love all of my fans. Anyways, I've just been trying to act normal without medication.

Psh. Who needs medication?

Oh, right. Me.

I pushed off the hood of the car I was currently sitting on, and reentered my childhood home to face whatever came my way. Oh boy.

"What the hell Zayn?" Perrie yelled in my face the second I stepped in. I tried to keep myself composed as she kept yelling at me, I really did. "What was that all about? Do you have feelings for Alissa?" She blurted out.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" That may or may not have been a lie. The world may never know.

"Because it comes up that she used to- or still does- have a crush on you, and finding this out you run after her? What. The fucking. Hell," she seethed. I gaped at her and glared.

"She was my childhood best friend Perrie. Even though what happened four years ago... happened, I realize I overreacted. I still care about her; she doesn't mean nothing to me. Is it a crime I went after her?" I ranted, waving my hands everywhere as I talked.

"Yes, yes it is a crime. And I say it's a crime because I'm your future wife, your fiancé, yet you run after your ex-girlfriend you just found out likes you? Hell, she probably even loves you still!"

"Perrie dear, please clam down," my mother tried to soothe her, but she wouldn't have any of it.

"No, Trisha. You- you knew about this, and decided to blurt it out in front of everyone?!" I realized she was turning this on my mother, which made me more furious than ever.

"Get out," I spit. Perrie turned to me surprised.

"What?" she squeaked.

"I said get out. Yelling at me for an idiotic thing is one thing, but you will not yell at my mother." She looked between my mother and I, then her shoulders slumped defeatedly.

"Fine. But when you come home- to me- we are talking about this." She stomped out of the house and slammed the door. I only rolled my eyes and went into the living room, laying down on the couch.

"Zayn?" My mother was poking her head around the doorway to the room, looking at me with concerned eyes. "Did you take your medicine today?"

I got angry again, because why was everyone asking that? Acting like they really cared? Then I calmed down; they're my family, they do care. And I shouldn't lie.

"No, mum. I didn't. 'M sorry," I mumbled. She sighed.

"Take them tomorrow, p-please," her wavered. At first I thought she was just crying, because I was starting to not take my meds. But when I looked up, her eyes were fearful.

"Mum?" I asked, wondering why she looked like that. "Are you okay?" she gulped.

"Honestly? You kind of, scared me back there," she breathed out and my heart broke. I scared my own mum? That's the last thing I wanted to do.

"I'm sorry," I shot up and ran to give her a hug, not letting go for a while. She was shorter than me, and wrapped her arms around my torso. I buried my face in her hair and whispered again, "I'm so sorry."

><

><

><

these a/n's are gonna be pretty long from now on. meant to update last night, but i had to do a project and i didn't even finish, im gonna get a shit grade and ugh. anyways.

zayns pov btw omg what ?! it's kind of a one time thing, i wanted you guys to know what happened so i put that in. that's also why it took so long for the update. and don't expect many pov's from zayn tho lol sorry. unless you want them more ? comment? comment goal: 5+ comments. vote goal: 280+ votes.

qotc: has anyone been to a One Direction concert?

i haven't, but my best friend went to the last concert of the WWA tour and FaceTimed me during it. (that's where I got the idea for Alissa seeing Zayn at the concert lol) (: x.