thirty-three

I suddenly felt consciousness surge back to me and I coughed, feeling my lungs were filled with water. I coughed and spit it out and leaned to the side, noticing I was on my back, and wiped my face of the water. I coughed some more just for good measure, and soon I could breathe normally again.

I tried to open my eyes and saw black for a moment, bringing a hand up to my head because it was throbbing and I felt dizzy just from sitting up. I heard a warbled voice around me and tried to focus on the soaked Harry sitting in front of me wiping water from my face. He kissed my lips and pulled me close, murmuring what sounded like "Thank you, oh God, thank you for not dying."

"What happened?" I coughed. He looked at me with sad eyes and I looked around us, gasping at the awful sight. Our car was in the water, just barely breaking the surface, Zayn nowhere to be seen. My father and Perrie's car was closer to shore some how, and the front end of the car was completely smashed in. The car was on it's side but I could see them in there, bloody, knocked out- maybe even dead. "Where's Zayn?" I breathed out.

"I tried to help him out, pull him out of the water when I got you, love, but he just helped me with you. I went back down to look for him but didn't see him. I don't know where he is," he confessed, a single tear rolling down his cheek. I shook my head, trying to push my way up but Harry forced me down. "The police and medics should be here," I heard sirens in the distance, "that should be them actually. I'll look for him. Just stay here." He kissed me once on the forehead and went off around the other side of the ridge calling out Zayn's name and nicknames, waiting desperately for a response.

I heard a groan from the riverbank (because the bridge we went over just had to be over a giant river), and turned to see our driver crawling up, flopping over on his back. I tried to think of his name, knowing he's drive us places before but doesn't talk much. I stared at him for two seconds and yelled, "Max!" His head shot up and towards me.

"Ms. Warren! Are," he panted and tried crawling closer to me. "Are you alright?" I motioned for him to stop moving and an ambulance pulled up, halting a few meters from me. They rushed out asking if we were alright. I kept trying to wave them off saying I was okay, but they weren't buying it.

Another ambulance showed up and they put Max on a gurney and wheeled him in and off to the hospital. I sat on the back of the first vehicle with a blanket around my shoulders as they helped Perrie and my father out of their car. I told the police, which just arrived, everything that happened and I was told they were to be detained after a trip to the hospital to be questioned.

"Oh my god," I suddenly whispered.

"What is it Alissa?" a bobby asked worriedly.

"There were two other men with me, my boyfriend Harry Styles and- and my best friend Zayn Malik," I looked around widly. I just noticed how much time passed and they still hadn't returned. "Harry! The cops are here, come back baby!" I shouted a sudden wave a panic flushed over me.

"Ma'am, please calm down," the officer spoke gently. I shook my head rapidly and called out again,

"Harry!"

"Alissa!" I grinned at the sound of his voice, seeing him appear from behind the beams of the bridge- with Zayn. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest with joy of seeing both of them. Two officers ran over to take the unconscious Zayn from Harry's arms. They helped him to the ambulance I was previously sitting on and motioned for us both to get in. The police said they'd follow us there, and we were off.

The ominous feeling of Zayn getting hurt was lurking over me still, and I feared this was just the beginning.

><

><

><

omg its been foreverrrrr ... how are you ? ive been on summer break and just decided to start writing again. hope people are still reading. theres gonna be two more relatively short chapters and then ill try to start a sequel. i need ideas for the name tho, so on this and the next two chapters pls comments ideas! ty ily comment&vote pls xxxxx

(Not edited quite well.)