twenty-seven

[unedited]

We walked into the large game room where everyone was.

Niall was back from visiting Ireland, and was laying down on the couch eating a bag of crisps. Liam played Fifa with Zayn while Louis was yelling at them both because they sucked. Sophia walked in with us, and Perrie was on the couch with Niall's feet in her lap as she did stuff on her phone. Eleanor had somewhere to be and couldn't make it.

Nobody really noticed us walk in. That is, until Harry cleared his throat and Perrie looked up at us, telling the boys we were finally here and they all cheered. Except for Zayn, who sent me a confused look.

"What's up guys? Nice of you to grace us with your presences," Liam joked as he jumped up to give us hugs, Louis reaching over and pausing the game on Liam's controller.

"We er, have something to tell you," Harry stated slowly, grabbing my hand. Zayn looked between us both and our entwined hands and finally got the picture, and hurt and distraught look crossing his face.

I had to look away or else I'd cry.

Though I don't even know why I would. He kissed me, he said it was a mistake, he left me, he's getting married... I've done nothing wrong. So I gulped down my discomfort and sent everyone in the room a smile.

"The other day, Harry came over for dinner and," I started and took a deep breath. "One thing led to another. He kind of, uh. Kissed me. Now we're together," I grinned shyly and everyone rushed towards us for hugs.

"Congrats girl! You guys look so cute together," Perrie gushed as she threw an arm around my waist. "Did you both snog?" I rolled my eyes. "What? Still too American for 'snog?'"

"Stupid Brits," I groaned loudly, which everyone seemed to have heard. They all looked at me and shouted 'Hey!' offendly except for Niall who just laughed. "Well, um. I guess?" I answered Perrie's question unsurely. I looked over at Harry for help, but he was busy talking heatedly with Zayn and Liam.

Well. Liam more or less just stood there, while Zayn and Harry battled it out. Murmurs of anger were heard from their direction and the other girls saw where I was looking. I turned to Perrie,

"Has he taken his medicine today?" she nodded,

"I watched him. He definitely took them. I guess he must just really be angry?" she asked more than said. We quickly walked over to the two boys. She slipped an arm securely around his waist with a hand on his bicep and I grabbed Harry's hand. "What's wrong boys?"

"Oh, nothing," Harry smiled faux sweetly. "We were just leaving."

"We were?"

"Yes," he replied in a clipped tone.

"But you just got here. Stay a while Styles," Zayn insisted in a haughty tone, smirking. Liam placed a hand on his shoulder as if to calm him, somehow mediating the tension.

"Anyone hungry?" he asked with a tight smile. No one said anything and I was starting to get anxious. Very anxious. So anxious, I was twisting my hair, fidgeting where I stood. Anxiety was coursing through my veins at this point and I couldn't stand it.

Then I hiccuped.

And I hiccuped again.

I stuffed my face into Harry's arm as I did so, breathing hard.

"You okay love?" he asked quietly and concerned. I shook my head.

"So much tension," I whispered. "Maybe we should leave," I suggested. But Harry just bit his lip and shook his head. I frowned at this and he kissed my forehead, whispering,

"Just calm down, okay? We'll leave in a little bit." I softly nodded.

"So, when are you guys gonna tell the world?" Louis spoke up.

"You think you'll be okay?" Sophia followed up on Louis' question.

"Yeah, I'll be okay. We'll be okay. And we were gonna say so when asked, not shouting it from the rooftops but not keeping it secret either," I giggled awkwardly, slightly calming down. They nodded,

"I guess that's the way to do it," Niall commented. "Though, depending on when you next go out, that may be soon ya know."

"Oh, we know," I rolled my eyes. There was a brief pause cause off by a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Sophia smiled. Moments later she walked back in with Eleanor chatting animatedly by her side.

"El! Babe! I thought you had work today?" Louis exclaimed and ran over to tackle her with a hug and kiss her. I smiled softly at them, seeing how cute they were. Louis really did love El, and they were honestly so cute sometimes.

I was kind of jealous.

"Hey babe. Work let out early, and I thought I'd stop by to catch up with you all. What's going on?" she asked with a smile to everyone.

"Haz and Als over their just announced their new relationship," Sophia grinned giddily at us.

Eleanor's reaction really wasn't what I expected.

"Really?" it came out more of a confused question than anything else. "But like," she looked between and laughed. We sent her looks to go on and she ran a hand through her chocolate hair. "Isn't it awkward?" Harry and Zayn's jaws both clenched, while I saw Liam sigh in frustration.

"Fucking told you," he spat.

"Liam!" Niall scolded him.

"Shut the fuck up mate," Harry laughed bitterly. I took a step back as time slowed down and yet everything happened at once.

"I told you so. I told you it would be awkward and wasn't a good idea to-"

"No! Stop! It's my decision, it's our decision- it's what we want. Not you! So if I want her as my girlfriend, ask and she says yes? Damn straight I'm going to," Harry's voice dripped with venom.

"Oh god," Eleanor paled at her mistake. She turned and mouthed a sorry but I just shook my head.

"Harry." He ignored me.

"You know that's low, man. Against the bro code and shit. Like really?" Zayn scoffed.

"Harry-"

"Why should it matter to you?" Harry retorted back. "You're long over her, aren't you? You have a fucking fiancé, why does this matter now?"

"Harry!" I snapped and everyone immediately turned to look at me.

"What?"

"What the hell is happening right now?" Zayn huffed and started storming past me, stopping right in front of Harry to say something before walking out.

"I said don't steal my girl."

><

><

><

shout out to MariahKashif bc she always votes& comments& ily. omg 7.2k reads and 525+ votes dear god, and 200+ comments! you guys rock. ily all. [btw any hate for Elounor will be deleted. I don't particularly ship them either but hey.] again sry for the shortness. comment goal: 5+ & vote goal: 530+ votes. (: x.

qotc: 1. did anybody cry bc calum is 19 ahh 2. does anyone know what straya day is 3. ZAYN IS BEING SO ACTIVE ON TWITTER AH

aotc: 1. yes 2. um 3. AH