twenty-three

After about five minutes of an intense mental debate I decided to go over and check on Zayn. Quickly I jogged over to the Malik's house, not even noticing the extra car in the drive way. I knocked on the door and Safaa answered it.

"Come in quick, but don't make any sudden movements!" she warned. I was confused, but followed her inside. I heard Zayn talking and another familiar voice, female. Turning a corner I found it was Perrie. I walked in on their conversation.

"-but you still didn't have to run off, Zayn. You always do, and it scares me because I don't know what you do when this happens."

"It's just me clearing my mind for a few, Per. There's absolutely nothing to worry about! It's not like I'm cheating on you, or out getting high and drunk. I'm just secluding myself for a while to think. People do this, ya know." He waved his hands around for emphasis on his words. I can't believe he just lied to her. Perrie opened her mouth to speak but noticed me and narrowed her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she spat. I gulped.

"He uh, I was checking if he was okay. We were talking, a-and, he stormed out. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't freaking out or anything." She glared half-heartedly.

"He doesn't do that anymore. He takes medicine."

"I know." I replied slowly. There was an awkward silence.

"So what did you two talk about?"

Oh you know, I asked him how he wasn't awkward because I still like him and he said he felt the same and we kissed. Just a typical day, how was yours? I couldn't say that.

Well, I could actually.

But I don't want to purposefully ruin their engagement. And by the look Zayn gave me, he thought I actually would.

I'm quite offended.

"She just-"

"No. I want to hear it from her." Oh. She crossed her arms and turned to me, nodding her head once in a proceeding manner.

"I was just asking how he wasn't awkward, and I was hoping he wouldn't be. He's my childhood best friend, and I kind of want to mend what I broke," my voice caught unwillingly and Perrie's glare softened.

"Oh."

I nodded. "Then one of my friends came over and he had to hide- she's a huge Directioner, that's why- and her and I talked for a bit. Then all of a sudden he stormed out of my house. I made her leave and came after Zayn, and here we are." She looked from me to Zayn.

"Why'd you run away from her?" she asked the question I came over to find the answer of. He shifted slightly, his way of fidgeting under pressure I know.

"I didn't run away, per say. I was upset. Just offended, a little. But it was stupid; I haven't taken my medicine today and just," he shook his head and rubbed his hands over his face. Perrie's gaze softened even more when he said this.

"Oh. Well may I ask what offended you?"

"You may." I snorted and Perrie smiled fondly at him.

"Don't be a jackass, tell me?" He sighed.

"Well. She was talking to her friend, Katie?" He looked at me to see if the name was right and I nodded. "Katie. She started to say we were childhood best friends, and I got real happy thinking 'hey, maybe she's forgiven me.' But no. She corrected herself- 'I mean, we were childhood best friends'," he mocked me in a higher voice.

"I don't sound like that," I grumbled. Perrie laughed and Zayn smiled a bit at that.

"I'm sorry," she blurted. I gave her a questioning look. "I'm sorry for being so rude, jumping to conclusions like that. I probably sounded really hostile," I laughed. "But I'm just sorry. Sorry for fighting with both of you. I mean, it's not like you kissed," she giggled a little and I immediately joined in.

"That would the weirdest thing ever, and really sucky of me as a friend to you and I wouldn't do that. I hope you know that," I lied easily through my teeth. She came up and hugged me tightly, quickly.

"I know. Thank you." She pulled away. Guilt was eating me from the inside out, and I couldn't stand it any longer. After a few more minutes of idle chit chat and mending broken trust, an me glaring silently at Zayn, I politely excused myself from the Malik premises.

So many thoughts swarmed my head. Zayn lying, Perrie being oblivious, me lying, Zayn kissing me. It was all too much. So you know what I did? What I always do.

I ran away from them and avoided my problems for a good month.

><

"Here we have the boys performing Little Things, here you are, One Direction!" I watched as the boys sang from the small stage in Hollywood on my Telly. A small sigh escaped my lips and I sank into the side of Cher, who decided to spend New Years with me.

Christmas went by in a blur, and the boys were all in America this whole time, barely coming home. When they did they spent it with family. Of course, Harry have me a call, Zayn having told him everything- minus the kiss, mind you- and demanded we hang out after he gets home for a late New Years.

But for right now, it was just Cher and I. Me, silently crying as I watched Zayn on the television; Cher stroking my hair and humming trying to calm me down. It was silent for a while; just how i liked it. I sighed again.

"Happy New Years."

><

><

><

hAPPY NEW YEARS OMF WATTPAD LET ME UPDATE IVE BEEN GOING CRAZY UGH SO HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU GUYS ILY FOR BEING PATIENT MY YOUNG PADAWANS AND I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT XMAS. i wanted to update on Christmas but it wouldn't let me xc but it let me update now! so happy new year! hello 2015, deuces 2k14!
so was this chapter okay? i hope so. and do y'all like my edit on the side?? comment! goal: 5+ comments. vote goal: 360+ votes.

qotc: what did y'all get for christmas?

aotc: I got a one direction blanket, boots, clothes, and lotssss of money. & gift cards. lol.

qotc2: did you guys watch one d on tv???

aotc2: i dID. my babes. so. beautiful. they sang little things omg i cried.

ilY GUYS SO MUCH. (: x.