fifteen

It was a five minute walk from where I got out of Zayn's car to the boutique. I was fifteen minutes late. Usually I'm always on top of being at work on time, wanting a full days pay and everything.

But today just wasn't one of those days.

Doniyha, Zayn's eldest sister, owns the boutique conjoining to the one I work at. A friend of hers, Mona, owns the one that I actually work at. So when I arrived, I wasn't surprised to see Doniyha working the register while Mona helped some customers.

"Hey, Doni," I mumbled, putting my belongings into the back room for employees.

"Hey Ali. Did something happen? Why're you late today?" she asked following me, and I gave her a scowl, grumbling,

"Your brother happened. My car died on me before I even left, so he offered to give me a ride. I said fine, okay. Why not? So we're more than halfway here and he starts asking about my personal information, like if I'm financially stable or not. So he offers me money! Just, what the hell?" I ranted frustrated, running a hand through my hair. Doniyha looked at me sadly and slightly annoyed.

"He did?"

"Yes he did! So I told him to stop the car and I walked the rest of the way. That, my dear Doni, is why I am late today." Mona walked back just then and said,

"Finally, Ali. We actually have a rush today, I need you at the register pronto." I silently thanked the fact that she disregarded me being late.

"I'll talk to you later D, 'kay?" she nodded and smiled, walking to her own store while I took my post. It was hours of scanning items for people, putting on the fake smile and helping customers.

Sometimes I really hated my job.

But I get good discount on clothes here.

And then it happened. All at once, and all too fast. I just heard screaming through the wall from Doniyha's shop, then I was spammed by her text messages.

Doni- girl zayn's here with his fiancé /:

Doni- him and Perrie are going to your shop you should like hide

Doni- now!! it's a frenzy outside!! run!!

I stared at my phone with an open mouth, then up at the barely empty store. The doors suddenly burst open, revealing the one and only Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards. They quickly shut the doors and leaned against them.

"Quick! Help? Lock the doors!" I rushed over with my keys and shooed them away, holding the door closed with one hand and locking it. Girls were on the other side screaming and even crying.

"There. Locked," I announced monotonously. Then I turned around, facing Perrie. "Oh my god, Perrie! It's been forever!" I exclaimed, rushing to give her a hug. Zayn stepped away from us and I disregarded him completely.

"Ali! It has been forever," she laughed, giving me a tight squeeze. "How've you been love?" I shrugged.

"Fine, fine. Living forever alone," I forced a laugh.

"Ah, finally moved out?" I shook my head and Zayn whispered something in her ear. She looked at me and gasped, "Oh, Alissa. I'm so sorry!" I weakly smiled at her and shot a glare at Zayn, who just looked down at the floor.

"It's okay, I had my four best friends by me when it happened. So I made it through," I made my way back behind the counter and noticed Perrie's confused glance.

"Four, best friends?" I nodded.

"Harry, Liam, Niall, and Louis," her mouth formed an 'o' shape and she glanced back at Zayn. She leaned in towards me and whispered,

"Do you hate me?" I recoiled, perplexed by her assumption.

"Of course not! Why would you think that?" She shrugged, embarrassed.

"I don't know. We all grew up together, and like, literally everyone got famous except for you. Um. Also. You always thought Zayn liked me, but he didn't, and when you guys didn't work out you didn't talk for four years. Then, like. Here we are, four years later and Zayn and I are engaged," she awkwardly explained and I have her my best fake smile, laughing it off.

"Are you kidding me, Per? I'm fine, it's fine. I'm way over it," my voice caught in my throat and I tried to cover it up. "Besides, you both are adorable. Totally ship Zerrie," I pumped my fist weakly in the air. She bought it and grinned at me, hugging me again.

"Great. I don't what I'd do if, like, you hated me," she laughed. I sat on my stool behind the counter and leaned on my arm on the counter, completely aware of Zayn's stare on me.

I decided to ignore them both; Perrie was walking around the shop anyways, Zayn following her like a lost puppy. After about an hour, maybe longer who knows, the girls cleared from out front, leaving to go home.

"Well! Looks like you guys are free to go," I announced, unlocking the doors. I texted Doniyha and she came over, pulling me to the back.

"I'm going to talk to Zayn, okay? Looks like Perrie wants to buy some things anyways," I nodded and went to ring Perrie up.

"This is just the cutest little boutique. I'll have to bring the girls by sometime," she said to me, and I gave her a grateful look. It would be nice for more people to come here; we actually don't get that many customers.

"Thanks, that means a lot-" I was cut off by the yelling that suddenly engulfed the shop's silent. We looked over to see Doniyha yelling at Zayn, but not in English. From knowing Doniyha and him for years, I recognized it as Urdu.

"Oh, he's in trouble now," we giggled together, even though I was pretty sure it was somehow tied to me. They ended their fight and Perrie left with him, calling out a goodbye to me. I returned it and turned my attention to Doni.

"What was that about?" she shook her head.

"I'll tell you later. Right now I need to get back to work. Bye hun," she waved and I sighed, going back to work.

I guess I'll just find out later.

><

><

><

chapter chapter chapter! is it just me, or is this one longer than usual? hope you liked it. comment your thoughts please? im getting all these reads, but barely any votes and comments. im going to start a comment goal as well as a vote goal. so vote goal: 145+ votes and comment goal: 5+ comments on this chapter. meet it please? ily guys so much (: x.