five

~2 weeks later~

"Ali!" Cher quietly squealed from behind me. I was sitting at a table in the library, just reading because I never get time to do that anymore. I quickly turned around and looked at her confused.

"What?" she visibly calmed herself down.

"Uhm," she elongated the uhm, "I just made an 'A' on my maths test!" She grinned. She actually wasn't that good at maths, so I high-fived her and gave her a 'not bad' look.

"Nice, Cher. Only took a bazillion years," she rolled her eyes and pulled on my wrist towards the doors of the library.

"Now where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Uhm, out to celebrate."

She was a really bad liar.

Cher shoved me in the car she just recently got her license to drive. I kept asking her where we were going, but she wouldn't crack. I observed our surroundings and noticed we were heading into our neighborhood (Cher and the rest of our friends all lived in the same neighborhood).

"Uh, this is going out to celebrate?" I wondered aloud. She bit her lip to keep from smiling.

"I've got to grab something from my house real quick." I shrugged and turned to look back out the window. After a minute, I realized we were driving down my road- and then pulling into my driveway.

"What-?" I was so confused. She opened my door and pulled me into my own home, then into my own room. "Cher, what's going on?"

"Just shut up and put this on." She tossed me a cute floral skater skirt and my black sheer blouse. I rolled my eyes at her again and shrugged on the outfit. She touched up my hair and what little makeup I have on, then dragged me to my window.

She knocked on the window three times before Liam, Harry, and even Niall appeared at Zayn's window. She then held up a sign in her writing, reading 'MY MASTERPIECE YEAH?' The boys all nodded and sent her a thumbs up, winking at me conspicuously.

"Do I even wanna know?" I asked with wide eyes when Harry mouthed to me 'good luck.' Cher smirked at me and I held out my wrist for her to take, and she dragged me next door to Zayn's house, not even knocking.

"Hello, Ali dear."

"Hi, Trisha," I smiled before being taken past her. She laughed,

"Good luck, hun!"

I was starting to get quite frustrated.

My seemingly eccentric friend let go of me at our destination- Zayn's backyard. All the guys were there; Liam, Harry, Niall- and of course, Zayn, all standing around waiting for something. Waiting for me. I nervously grinned.

"Hey, guys," they all crowded around me and started talking at once. I was overwhelmed and pushed away. "Okay, whoa- slow down. Liam, tell me what happened?"

"Well, we all decided to try out for X-Factor together this year, yeah?" I nodded, showing I was following. "Well, we all made it past the first stage- we get to audition live in front of the judges tomorrow!" my jaw dropped.

"Really?!" I screamed. "Ohmygodguys! That's awesome! I'm definitely coming to watch you audition, I-I, I'm so proud of you lot!" I hugged them all in order of Harry, Niall, Liam, then Zayn. Zayn's hug was just a little bit longer.

"But, wait, why did I need to be dressed up for that?"

"That's not why I dressed you up." Cher smirked again at me. "This is why," she pointed to Zayn and everyone backed away from us.

"Ali?" Zayn spoke up for the first time. I grinned at his voice.

"Yeah?"

"Well, a lot has gone on, and you know how I feel about you now." I blushed, kind of seeing where this was going. "Before I go on X-Factor and become infamous by the rejection of judges on live TV," I giggled, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

My jaw went slack and I stared at him. He looked like he thought I was going to reject him, looking down at his feet. A smile slowly made it's way across my face and I leaped forward, hugging him.

"Of course," I whispered into his shoulder. I felt his grin on my neck and he hugged me back, squeezing tightly.

"I love you."

><

><

><

hehe. Zalissa/ Alayn moment. sorry if it was crappy, hope you enjoyed though x.