Chapter 41

HELLLOOOO

Ashton is bold
Luke is italics

And I'm feeling particularly evil on this fine night..

So with out further explanation of Ashton's world..

LUKES POV:

I sigh as my foot taps impatiently, I called Ashton a few times, finally having a free time when it would be good for both of us. But he wasn't answering.. He texted me earlier about not being at school because he was sick. So I figured he would be able to talk? He probably just fell asleep. He did say he felt really awful?

Anyway, I'm not going to call him again.. I was probably already annoying him the first time. It just does kind of suck... Because I worked pretty hard for the last few days, not telling Ashton of course, on eating.

I wanted it to be a happy surprise for him, because even though I threw up a lot, and my body rejected it. Today at breakfast, I finally managed to eat. Granted it was just a banana, a granola bar, and some milk.. But that was a lot for me! What is even better is that I haven't thrown it up yet!

I mean.. I feel disgusting, like that simple food caused me to gain so much weight. But this was for Ashton, so I would gladly try. I want to see him again as soon as I turn eighteen.. And I don't want him to recognize me. I want to get better for him.

He would always tell me how even though I'd be pretty no matter what, I'd be so much prettier with a fuller face and body. He said he knew I didn't want to, but I wasn't at a healthy weight. I know he only wants what's best for me, and that makes it so much easier to start trying.

I hear my phone start ringing and smile, snatching my phone from the nightstand immediately and accepts the call," hello?"

"Hey Luke!"

"Hey ash. Okay so I have great news?"

"Yeah?"

"Yup! I ate a meal for breakfast.. And I haven't gotten rid of it or anything yet."

"Oh my gosh! That's great babe!!"

I smile as he exclaims this, coughing a bit at the end. We talk for a while, for the longest amount of time since I moved here. Suddenly he starts coughing again and I roll my eyes, asking if he took the medicine and everything. He said he did, but almost threw up because of the awful cherry medicine. Which I agree.. That stuff is the worst.

We continue to talk for about an hour before someone calls me for dinner. I sigh, saying goodbye to ashton," love you!"

"Love you too babe! Hopefully I'll still be sick enough to stay home and talk to you again?" He says, laughing a bit.

"We can only hope! But you also need to fill up that brain of yours with school shiz." I say, letting myself enjoy the small amount of silence while he chuckled a bit," anyway, I need to go! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

I hang up and smile a bit before hopping out of bed. I stretch a bit, yawning and lifting my arms above my head. I quickly jog downstairs, remembering they called me for dinner about three minutes ago.

Walking into the kitchen I see them just grabbing some pizza from two different boxes. I internally gag, I don't think I can eat pizza yet. All the grease and carbs from the bread. And the calories... Nope.

I sigh and take a piece from the box, placing it on my plate. I flop down beside Peyton on the couch, groaning a bit as I see all of them excitedly eating their pizza. Why can't I just be normal?!

Why couldn't I be perfect like Ash or anyone in school.. Or anyone here? They're all so skinny and perfect! It's not fair.. I try so hard to be as perfect as them, but it never works. I wish I could just be normal.. Eat normal, be a normal smart, have a normal body, just be average... Instead I'm worse than average.

I sigh, shaking my head as I look down at my food. I'll start now, and eat as slowly as possible. After a while the others had started clearing the plates, each having had about two or three pieces, while I was stuck on one.

I ended up making it to the crust, but it definitely wasn't sitting well with me. I feel myself gag a bit as I throw away the paper plate quickly. I run upstairs, saying I needed to grab something, and instantly run into my bathroom.

Why?

Why can't I just be skinny

If I was skinny, I wouldn't have to do this and disappoint everyone.

I lean over the toilet, my stomach already churning from the familiar motions. Gagging slightly as I slip two fingers to the back of my throat, I feel the food come up rapidly. Tears sting in my eyes as the action causes a burning sensation. I sit up sadly, pushing back from the toilet seat and flushing the food.

I quickly rinse out my mouth before using mouth wash and brushing my teeth. But I still tasted the vomit. I attempted ignoring this and shuffle over to my bed lazily. Flopping down on the plush surface, I snuggle into the covers and sigh deeply.

After a while I lean up, my body not allowing me to sleep. I notice the door is open and give it a questioning look before shrugging. I had thought I'd closed the door, but maybe it didn't shut all the way.

I get up and walk over to my closet, smiling a bit as I stretch up to reach a small box. Pulling it down, I carefully make sure none of the contents fall out. I open the lid to the box and pull out Ashton's grey sweater. Sliding it over my head, I nuzzle my face into the soft surface. I breathe in deeply, smiling at how it still smells like him.

After closing the lid and positioning it back in the shelf, I snuggle into my covers, pulling them over my body tightly and letting myself just breath in. This is the closest thing I have to snuggling Ashton right now.. And it's not the same, but better than nothing.

***

I wake up to someone yelling my name and sigh, rolling my eyes. Sitting up and stretching, I yawn a bit.. Man I hate waking up. After getting ready with a shower, brushing my teeth, and finding some good clothes, I head downstairs and come to see Barbara cooking breakfast.

She is really a great mother! Supportive, protective, and loving... And it definitely helps that all her children are responsible and mature.

I sit down at the table with Heather and Peyton, giving a small wave when the say good morning. After forcing my body to hold down a granola bar and banana, we were on our way to school.

The day went as usual? Boring classes that never manage to interest me, some people I know, and luckily no one being a dïck today. I was kind of confused in the sudden change of attitude from the other students, but wasn't complaining at all.

After school, we decided to just head home instead of going to the mall like previously planned. I was beat tired, Heather had homework, and Peyton needed to get back to watch some show?

Right now I am being lazy and scrolling through Tumblr, and laughing at the stupid things people post. Suddenly I hear a beep come from my phone and see a notification that someone had texted me.

I smile when seeing Ashton's name, and quickly click on the message. I mean, he should be at school right now, but maybe he is still sick? Or just a rebel.. Wow.. What a badaśś, using his phone in class!

I read the message and my heart suddenly stops..

From: Ash <3

Babe... I need help..

Heeelllloooooooo!!!!

Sorry for the short chapter and the fact that it took forever to update! But it has been updated! You are welcome!

Anyway!!

Hope you enjoyed! :3

Don't forget to comment and bite! <3