Chapter 42

HELLO

How is everybody?

LUKES POV:

I grip my phone in my hands tightly, kind of scared. He never really does this, if he has a problem or is angry.. He would normally just say it or call me and rant?

From: Sassy Lucas :3
What's wrong? ):

From: Ash <3
Can I call you?

From: Sassy Lucas :3
Of course

I wait for a second as he calls me. I hear the ring and instantly pick up, "hello? You okay ash?"

I hear a breath and sniffle before he says," I Uhm... Yeah. I'm okay. It's just that.. I-I don't know. He told m-me no to sa-ay anything?"

My heart stops and I grip the phone to the point where my knuckles turn white," what's going on babe? You can tell me anything. Did someone hurt you?"

He pauses for a second and I swear my heart breaks as I hear a small choked back sob. I let him compose himself while a million thoughts race through my head. I don't have any idea what exactly happened to him, but I'm hoping what I'm thinking is much worse than the reality," you probably don't even know him.. But Cole? He is one of Calum and Michael's people. You know that little group of dïcks?"

I nod even though he couldn't see that," I know which group of people you're talking about... But I'm not sure which one Cole is honestly."

That was weird considering I had gone there longer? But then again I never associated with anyone and only knew a few people's names from when we were in middle school and from people gossiping around me," yeah... He- Uhm. I don't want to say it because I know you'll be disappointed and it's such a s-stupid thing and it makes me feel really gross. I promise I didn't want to! He made me.. And I-I practically cheated on you.. Oh god. I'm a horrible boyfriend!"

My heart stops and I close my eyes tightly to hold back tears. They fall anyway," ash? Did he.. Did he rap-"

"yes! I'm sorry! I promise I didn't want to and he hit me and I was unconscious the whole time. I'm a horrible boyfriend. I should have tried harder to stop it?! But he was really strong and I didn't know wha-" he choked out, rambling on.

I cut him off," ashton.. Baby it's okay! I'm not mad.. I could never be mad at you for that. You need to tell someone? Your mom? I know he probably said he would do something if you told anyone... But if you tell your mom, he should be arrested. Please.. Tell her? I'll call her tomorrow and tell her if you don't by then."

He sniffles again but says," okay.. I will. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying your sorry! It's not your fault and you have no reason to feel bad for what he did to you.. If anything I'm sorry for not being there. I love you okay? Make sure and tell your mom! Because I will tomorrow and I know you're suppose to be in school.. Do you want to Skype?" I say, making sure he knew I truly wasn't angry at him, I don't know why he would think that though.

He sighs a bit," I am crying and probably look like a mess." He says with a sad chuckle at the end.

"I'm sure you look perfect because you always do. And you need to get your mind off of it for now.. I don't want a sad Ash because your to much of an angel to be sad. Im not saying for you to get over it and trust me, I know it's hard. I know you can't just ge-" I say but he cuts me off.

"You know?" He says with pain in his voice," did this ever happen to you? Oh my god..."

"I- Uhm.. Ash it's okay.. I'm over it. I got over it." I say, starting off with a lie but my voice betrays me. I wince as I hear him sob out again.

"Luke.. I'm so sorry!! Who did this?! Was it someone from school... When? Oh god.." He says and I hear the catch in his voice as he tries to hold back tears.

May as well be honest," uhm.. This year. Near the beginning of the school year? And it's okay. Let's focus on you! It just happened and I want to make you happy. Making you feel bad for me isn't going to help."

I hear him sigh,"okay.. But we will. As soon as you're ready, we are talking about it... And yeah, we can Skype.."

I smile a bit and say okay. We both hang up and I call him first after a second of fixing my hair just a bit. He answers and I smile as I see his perfect face again. I do notice the bruise on his cheek and a scratch under his eye. How did his mom not notice? Or did she and just assumed he got into a fight.. She still should have asked.

I wave a bit, giving him a smile and I see his eyes brighten as we make eye contact. We talk a bit about random stuff. I just want to focus on helping him forget for at least a little while. But questions are still swarming in my head. When did it happen? What made Cole do it? Why didn't his mom do anything when she most likely saw the bruises?

I don't ask though, and just listen as he rambles on about his family and the new things in his life. I tell him a bit more about the family up here and how the only one who kind of knows anything is Peyton.

I did tell him prematurely about me trying to gain some weight for him. I had wanted it to be a surprise, and I didn't want to tell him in case I failed... But I figured it would make a little bit happy. It definitely did! He was smiling and saying he was proud and that he can't wait until he sees me again.

I'm ready too.. And I know there is only about four months left.. I am so ready. We talked for another hour before Barbara came in and demanded I sleep. She didn't cut me any slack so I reluctantly told him good night.. Even though I may have just continued texting him for three hours.

HOLA

I know it's freaking short as crap... BUT IT EXPLAINS THINGS. SO BE HAPPY AND LUKE KNOWS SO BE EVEN MORE HAPPY.

So love you.. Don't hate me for it being short and bad! 0.0

Anyway.

Hope you enjoyed! :3

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3