Chapter 2

Lashton fanfic chapter 2:

The bell rang loudly, causing me to wake up and suddenly jump out of my seat. I landed on my bum and winced as I looked around. Everyone was still here, looking at me and not holding back their laughter. I slowly got up, slinging my back pack over my shoulder and wincing quite noticeably. Ashton got up out of nowhere, and me thinking he was goning to hurt me I ran out of the class room, ignoring his calls of my name.

I rushed to my next class, suprised to see the class room full and mid-class.

I checked the clock on the wall in the hallway and sighed as 1st period wasn't anywhere near over yet. I sighed and slid down the wall, taking out my writing book and starting to write.

I'm not sure what I wrote, but I know it was about ashton. I continued writing until the bell rang, not so surprisingly no one ever came to check on me.

I walked into the classroom, putting my head over my arms on the desk and sighed before taking on the rest of the day with three simple rules:

1) Don't draw attention to yourself

2) Don't talk to anyone

3) Ignore Ashton Irwin at all costs

I recited these in my head as I walked through the halls, ready for the final class. So far I've had nothing but bad luck, but when do I not? Anyway, I've had Ashton in every single one of my classes! And the other thing... Hemmings and Irwin.... We sit next to each other in every class.

I don't know what to do anymore! He's constantly trying to get my attention, and the one time I just had to cave in because I could just sense the adorable pout on his face, he asked why I had been ignoring him. I wouldn't say anything, just shrug my shoulders and scold myself for pulling him into the hole I had dug myself four years ago, labeled social casualty.

Walking into class I plopped down in a random seat. Waiting for the inevitable seating chart and constant tapping on my shoulder.

It never comes.

And suddenly I feel lonely.. Ashton isn't in this class, the teacher never calls his name and he never runs through the door awkwardly, looking adorable as ever.

After class I start the twenty minute walk home.

I nearly jump out of my skin as a feel arms wrap around my waist.

"HEY!" I yell out, suprised that I said anything, must have been because I got scared?

The person throws me over their shoulder and I whimper in pain as my bruised stomach hits their shoulder blade. They don't put me down as I start pounding on their back, not wanting to give in. Finally I give up, going limp and I'm suprised the person could even hold me up.

They continue walking until they reach my house, and I'm utterly confused as the walk right into the house next to mine. I shudder at the thought of what might happen, until they struggled to unlock the door and then giggle when I sigh out in frustration.

And I knew that giggle anywhere, well that voice, the angelic sound,

Ashton.

Suddenly I give up not talking to him, and actually find it quite comfortable to talk around him, "Ashton what the hell are you doing?!"'

"Taking you home so you can tell me why you've been ignoring me all day." He says simply, as if it's not weird that he just carried me to his house from school.

Suddenly I realized something, his house, the house next to mine.

Ashton lives right beside me... Oh the joys.

He had set me down on the couch and I pouted at him. He simply cooed for some reason and went to get a drink.

I don't know why, but I stayed.

He came back and sat down beside me, really close beside me. I shuffled away a bit and put my head down. He sighed and I looked up, he almost looked hurt by my movements.

Though in the blink of an eye, his eyes were back and sparkling.

"Okay so why were you ignoring me all day? I'm sorry i made you go to class, and freaked you out, and for whatever else I may have done to make you hate me." He blurted out.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement," I don't hate you."

His eyes lit up and he smiled widely, probably happy I talked.

"Then why did you ignore me?"'he said

" I.. Uh, didn't want to pull you down with me... I mean you could be popular and I'm a loser, stupid, ugly, fat.. You don't need to hang out with me." I told him the complete and honest truth despite my mind screaming at me to stop.

Once I told him this he would realize the truth and understand. He would never want to talk to me again once he knew what would happen. I looked up at him, straight ino his eyes and the were filled with annoyance... Exactly what I thought.

I stood up to leave, but he pulled me back down, right onto his lap.

I shifted uncomfortably as he held me down from getting up. Suddenly his hands went to my waist and he wrapped them tightly around my hips. Stopping my awkward movements.

"I swear your trying to kill me."' He whispered into my ear.

I didn't get it but stopped trying to get away.

" you are not worthless or fat, or ugly, or stupid. You seem really cool, and honestly I don't care about popularity, after high school, which we only have one more year of I might add, that will just be some stupid thing that will seem so insignificant. Popularity will mean nothing after high school. No one will care that you went out with the hottest girl in school or that you had the most friends. And honestly I'd rather be known as the kid who was friends with Luke hemmings, the most amazing person I don't really know, then that awesome guy who bullied you just like everyone else." He said.

I think my heart just melted.

" how about a compromise, in school, you don't talk to me... Not that I mean that in the rude way, even though it sounded like that... But I want you to be popular, so just no school, but after school, we can hang out how ever much you want. Also I want you to know you the first person I've actually talked to for about three years now." I said slowly, my throat already starting to hurt from the sudden use of it.

He looked a little conflicted at this, but smiled widely at the last thing.

He thought for a second more before saying," I think I'll take you up on that only because I don't think you will compromise. Also never expect me to make fun or bully you, because I never will. Also I'm honored."

And for the first time in four years, I smiled.

A small small one, but a smile.