Chapter 18

Dedicated to xlashtonlovex for the amazing new cover! DO YOU SEE IT? It's so cool!

I figured this chapter would be sad enough (by the way, might wanna grab some tissues!) so here's a conversation between me and one of my friends to lighten the mood!

Now prepare yourself!!

(Trigger warning in general)

Italics are flashbacks

CALUMS POV:

What if I went to far this time?

LUKES POV:

I am ready.

I have considered my options and realized that right now, there's nothing else to do. I'm not needed... I'm not wanted... So why stay? Well that's the answer right there. I'm not going to stay, I'll leave, like they've always wanted. Like they've always begged me to do as the relentlessly pounded their fists and feet into my sides and stomach. How they always told me, every time I questioned if I was really as bad as they say. The worst ones weren't even the other people... It was the voices.

While the actual people, at school, at home... Everywhere, would say things horrible (but still true) to me, the voices constantly drilled them into my thoughts. Making sure there was rarely a spare moment where I wasn't thinking of how worthless and disappointing I was. But I guess they were good in a way..

Without them there to convince me, I might have just ignored the people, and never seen how ugly, fat, and worthless I am.

Anyway... The closest I have come to getting rid of these thoughts, is when I was with Ashton. I thought he was different. But he made it painstakingly obvious that he didn't, and never actually did like me or wanted to be friends. He's just like everyone else.

So the only person who was holding me back from doing this, just admitted they didn't care.. So maybe Ashton wanted me to do this to... Maybe I should?

I mean.... Who would care, right?

ASHTONS POV:

I can't believe what I have done... I broke my promise. I made it when we first met, and he made the compromise about school and at home.

>flash back<

" how about a compromise, in school, you don't talk to me... Not that I mean that in the rude way, even though it sounded like that... But I want you to be popular, so just no school, but after school, we can hang out how ever much you want. Also I want you to know you the first person I've actually talked to for about three years now." He said, his throat sounding raspy. Probably from the sudden use

I looked at him, my mind conflicted on what to say and do, but I was also smiling at the last part.

I thought for a second more before saying," I think I'll take you up on that only because I don't think you will compromise. Also never expect me to make fun or bully you, because I never will. Also I'm honored"

He gave me a smile, a small small smile... But a smile.

>end of flash back<

I shuddered at the memory. I had never once thought I would break that swear. I assumed it would be so easy to do... Why would I ever want to verbally or physically abuse him? This is Luke! My best friend, the person I really really like, and hopefully soon, someone who doesn't absolutely hate me.

LUKES POV:

It still hurts. Knowing ashton did something like this to me... I know I should be used to it by now, and I am! Just something about it being Ashton, makes it hurt more then all of the other bullies combined.