Chapter 20

Heeeeeeeeyyy!!!!! Welcome back! This is for @twerkitbiersack for reminding me that I needed to update! I pretty much just left you hanging, -maybe not so accidentally- to do a Q/A so here is the next chapter!

Btw, keep in mind, even after all that's happened, Ashton still doesn't know Luke cuts!

Enjoy Xx

LUKES POV:

It maybe Friday.... Or Saturday? Honestly I'm not quite sure.. I just know the last time I went to school was the day Ashton beat me up. I can't go back. I don't talk, I don't eat... Well I never did much of those things anyways. But Ashton had been making me better! I was at least trying to eat when I was near him! He not only made me talk... But he made me laugh, smile! He made me happy...

But I guess that's over now, right?

He hasn't attempted to talk to me since that night when he was outside my window, and I almost wish I could just hear his voice one more time... I don't want the final thing I hear from the person I love... To be,

"I'm so sorry"

ASHTONS POV:

I can't do it! I can't look at Luke in the same light anymore. Now every time I think of him, I just see the pained and betrayed expression on his face. These images fuel the nightmares I have been having every time I sleep... Every time I close my eyes or just think about Luke.

I need to apologize, I need to explain to him before its to late! But I can't! I can't find the will to look at him again, now that his crying and in pain face is all I think about.

What is his memory of me right now?

For me it is of his face, showing how broken and depressed he really was.

His words are what kills me the most....

"Please just knock me out! Please... Please."

But now that I think about it.. I don't know what his last image of me is... But his last memory of my voice would be me saying to him,

"I'm so sorry."

No. No matter how true that statement will always be. I can't go on knowing my final words weren't what they need to be. I wonder if he's home?

Well let's go find out!

***

After throwing on some sweatpants and a loose blink-182 tank top, I hoped out of my window and slowly transitioned over to Luke's house. And holy crap it's cold outside! I carefully step on the ledge on the outside of his window, and tap lightly three times.

I don't hear anything...

I pear inside the window and see Luke standing on the other side of the room, starring back out the window at me. I knocked again... Hoping to make him at least walk over to the window. Wait? I wonder if the windows open? I position my fingertips at the bottom of the nearly frozen shut glass pane, and knock on it a bit before sliding it up with ease.

I slide into his room, closing the window behind me. I turn around and look at Luke. He looks at me with fear and sadness filling his eyes. I walk over slowly, trying not to startle him.

"Hey." I said quietly, standing a few feet away.

He doesn't respond, just waves and then turns away just as I see a tear slide down his cheek. I rush over to him and he flinches away as I cup his cheek in my hands. This stuns me... Oh god... He's scared of me! I expected him to be, but I never thought it would hurt this much to see him flinch away in fear... Thinking I would ever hit him again. Wow... I sound so stupid! Why wouldn't he hate me? Sure I was helping him! But how do I tell him, 'oh, hey! Yeah, so I just beat you up to protect you!' Stupidest thing I've ever heard.