Chapter 35

HEYOOO

DURING TEXTING- Remember that after "from:", it's the name ashton or Luke have given each other. And the person who sent the message can't see it.

Another way to tell,
Ashton= normal text
Luke= italics

LUKES POV:

"Fâg! Why do you even try?! You're just a useless, fat fâggot!!" He screamed, giving my side a hearty blow with his foot.

I whimper in pain as he repeats the process, filling my head with hateful and cruel... But true words. His foot makes contact with my ankle and a crack can be heard. I scream out in pain, tears flowing down my cheeks. I attempt to curl into a ball to protect myself slightly from the attacks, but that only makes them more vicious.

"Why don't you do me, and everyone else a favor... AND KILL YOURSELF!!" He bellows, taking another swig from his beer before throwing the bottle at me.

The glass bottle makes contact with the side of my head and shatters, sending sharps points at my face. I attempt to reach up and grab some pieces but cut my hand immediately. I wince and bring it back down.

Suddenly I scream out in pain, as the left over alcohol from the bottle drips from my bloody and wet hair onto the cuts the glass made. I stumble over to a mirror wincing at the image of blood dripping down my face.

"Luke!" I hear my dad shout and I flinch at the loud noise," get back here I'm not done with you!"

I stumble back as he nears me, and I shake my head violently. I fall to the ground and back away clumsily,"Luke?"

I look up and see Ashton..," ashton?"

He smiles and walks over, bringing his hand up to my face and softly caressing my cheek. I lean in and sigh happily, but suddenly he disappears and I frantically stand up, looking around the room for him.

"Ashton?!"

"Luke?!"

"Ash!"

"Luke!"

Luke...

"Luke!" My eyes burst open and I see Peyton standing over me with a worried expression and Heather behind her.

I glance around frantically, breathing in and out deeply. My eyes water and I feel tears start to fall as my whole body tenses up. I sit back down on the bed and bring my fingers to my hair, running them through my already ruined quiff.

Next thing I know Barbara is sitting down next to me and soothingly rubbing my back. I shake as sobs escape my mouth. I attempt to wipe off the tears and regain my composure but images of my dad and then Ashton flash through my mind, setting me off.

I eventually calm myself, looking up and seeing Ben and Jack at the door, while Peyton and Heather are standing near the closet. All of them have worried expressions and are obviously wanting some sort of explanation, but I know they won't force it out of me.

"Are you okay, sweet heart?" Barbara asks, giving me a sad glance.

I nod and sigh, sitting up a bit more and wiping my face one more time,"okay. Well, you need to get ready for school.. But it's okay if you go in a bit late if you're not doing okay."

"No. I'm okay." I croak out, surprised by how awful voice sounds.

She nods and sighs sadly," okay... But just call me or the house if you need anything at all."