2

Macey...

"I had a very strange dream last night," Newt stated as he walked into the kitchen where I was falling headfirst into my bowl of cereal. His sudden entrance caused my hand to slip from underneath my head and I almost crashed down on the table. But managed to wake up enough to save me from the embarrassment and duty to change my clothes...again.

What? I managed to somehow get toothpaste on my first black hoodie. Note to yourself never ever fall asleep, sitting on the edge of your bathtub while brushing your teeth...tends to end in disaster. 

"Add your strange dreams to a collection of things that I don't care about," I muttered, pushing myself into a straighter position on the chair. But that is always hard for me. No one has ever invented as many sitting positions as I did. Part of the time my brother thinks I might just fall off, but really the most strange ones tend to be the most comfortable ones. Just...getting off the track again here. 

Newt frowned at me. He walked over to the counter and poured himself some tea that I had prepared earlier. How I managed to do that without burning myself in this sleepwalking state I am not sure but I did it and it shall earn some prize or something. 

"You know, sometimes I seriously regret not putting you up for adoption." He mumbled taking a sip from his favorite mug. I bought him that, I just felt like I needed to point that out ya know. 

"Yeah, you could've but then you wouldn't have someone as awesome as me by your side all the time." A small confident smile graced my lips as I lifted the first spoon full of cereal to my lips. As soon as I felt it in my mouth I frowned. Ugh, it's all soggy. Welp, not gonna eat that now. I pushed the bowl away from me, thinking of how I will survive till lunch today. 

"Wonder how peaceful that would be." I faintly heard Newt say, putting the mug on the counter. "Now," He started walking closer and leaning against the table in front of me. I lifted my head to look up into his dark, dark brown eyes. Mom always used to say that he had the eyes of our grandpa. Newt nor I never met him though. Grandma said he died a few weeks before Newt was born. I on the other hand have eyes not similar to either mom or my father. While mom's eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue, dad's eyes were pure grey and always angry like the raging storm. Always struck fright in me. And I...my eyes are green simply said but it really depends on the situation. Stiles is actually the only one that can name the color.  I don't know how he does that. "How would you react if I told you, I had a dream about you sneaking out of the house at midnight. Hm?" 

I stopped all the action. I stopped moving, blinking, I even think I stopped breathing for a second there. I thought he was out cold when we climbed out of the window of my room. How the hell does he know? 

"Well, I would say that you have a very vivid imagination." I chuckled nervously, suddenly completely awake. This is even worse than a cold shower I think. 

"Mhm." Newt hummed, pushing away from the table. There was a knock at the back door. It leads to the joined garden that we share with the Stilinski. Newt gave me a look, stepping towards the white door and opening them widely. Behind them stood Stiles, his hand up in the air as if he was ready to knock again. He had his school bag slouched over one shoulder and looked quite surprised when the door actually opened. 

"Um...morning." He said awkwardly when he saw my still bewildered look. 

"Hi, Stiles. Going to school?" Newt asked casually leaning now against the counter. Stiles stepped inside closing the door behind him. 

"Um, yeah. It's the first day, wouldn't want to be late." Stiles answered but his eyes were mainly asking me what the fuck was going on. 

"I think that we should get going then," I said, hurriedly grabbing the bag for school which was dropped next to the chair I was sitting on and I skipped over to Stiles. Grabbing onto his arm and pulling him towards the front door. Flashing a nervous smile my brother's way. "Bye Newtie, love you. Enjoy work today, don't die in a fire or something." I called over to him when Stiles and I finally reached the door.