32

Macey...

Ever since that night, we found Lydia, Stiles, and I have been on this silent treatment stage of our friendship. Maybe it was the fact that I was so harsh on him back then. In all honesty, all I cared about at that time was bringing Lydia home safe and sound. I could have been a little less pushy about it and definitely less snappy, I admit. But Stiles wasn't behaving much better in my opinion. 

Or maybe he was just jealous that Lydia found me more comforting than him. I am not too surprised by that. I am the same gender and I wasn't gawking at her with my mouth hung open when she appeared in the woods. Even if I secretly wanted to. In other words, I wasn't creepy. It wasn't my fault that I was a bit more approachable than Stiles who even tripped over his own feet because he couldn't take his eyes off of her naked body. 

And no I am not angry. Maybe a bit disappointed that my best friend is so shallow as to gawk at a vulnerable girl like that. Definitely not because I would be jealous that he would never even look at me in such awe as he did with Lydia. Okay, it is pissing me off! Are you happy now? There I said it. 

Anyway, this minor inconvenience is the reason why I was walking to school today. Because riding in a car with Stiles these past few days was an experience I would rather forget about. The walk was long. Way too long. I had to get up extra early just to get to school on time and still I was running late and was missing the start of the lacrosse practice. The reason why I'm going there is that Scott asked me to, nothing more. 

I was in such a rush to get to the field on time that I didn't see a tall guy exiting the school and heading for the field as well. We both seemed to be in a rush as we collided with one another. Since the guy was a lot taller and definitely stronger than me, the impact of his body sent me crashing to the ground. But before that could happen I felt someone's hands around my waist, keeping me upright. 

Once the initial shock wore off, I glanced up to see who I had collided with and who intentionally saved me. Don't let it be Greenberg or else I would just smack him upside the head for even touching me. Stupid moron. But as I looked up I was met with the sight of baby blue eyes of none other than Isaac Lahey. 

"Oh, hey Isaac. Sorry to be knocking you down like that," I said awkwardly. His eyes felt so different now that I was looking at them up close. We were always somewhat friends. Sharing some unspoken bond between each other. However, in some ways, I was luckier than Isaac. 

I spent countless hours studying with him in the library when the boys were far too busy. Or they just didn't care about that particular subject that much. For some reason, Isaac always found me when I was alone and he would join me. So I had the opportunity to stare into his eyes on more occasions than one. But they never looked like this before. It was like a new surge of confidence was in them. Something completely different than what I was used to. And quite honestly, it was pulling me in. 

"Given our position, I doubt you were the one knocking me down." The boy said with much more confidence in his voice than I was used to. He was always so shy, even more than me. Had trouble speaking up sometimes in fear anyone else would hear him. Yet now, he had this, strange confidence in him. And strength. 

"I guess so," The dumb chuckle I gave at the end of the sentence was also something very new. Where is all this coming from? I could feel Isaac's arm around my waist and for the first time I wasn't grossed out by a guy touching me, we are not counting my brother, Scott, and Stiles, okay? We are not counting them. 

"You look really lovely today," Isaac commented, eyes scanning me up and down while I was still in his arms. I couldn't help the blush that all of a sudden appeared on my cheeks. And the boy in front of me looked pleased with himself for that. "Maybe that is why McCall and Stilinski are staring at you." He whispered causing me to look around us.