21

Macey...

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" Sheriff Stilinki asked once again. We were exiting through the main door of the school. We were finally safe and able to walk around without fearing the Alpha will jump from any possible dark corner. It looks like it has run off to somewhere.

"Yes." Scott agreed. They had found him by the door. He immediately told them a believable lie of what he saw. But because it was believable doesn't mean it was right. I am still a bit queasy about pushing Derek under the bus like this.

"I saw him too," Stiles said following after his dad and Scott. He gently tugged onto my hand telling me to join in on the lie. With a sigh, I looked over at Sheriff.

"Yeah...me three." I have such a bad feeling about this. I hate this, this is not right. We made our way down the stairs. Scott almost broke his neck due to how hard he was trying to catch up with Sheriff.

"What about the janitor?" Evidently, Scott managed to find the janitor's body. In one piece which is surprising but not as surprising as the fact that he was stuck under the bleachers. Am I the only one that finds it weird even just slightly?

"We're still looking." Sheriff answered with a sigh. Scott was very persistent about this. It must be getting annoying.

"Did you check under the bleachers? Under them?"

"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing."

"I'm not making this up." Scott defended himself. Stiles and I were carefully stepping down the stairs following the two. What's with the quick pace? I have been running for my life almost the whole night, can't we just slow down for a bit, please?

"I know, I believe you, I do." Yeah, I've heard that a lot of times. It never was true. How do the parents want us to speak the truth when they lie like crazy sometimes.

"No, you don't. You have this look like you feel bad for me. Like you wanna believe me, but I know you don't." Scott accused. We finally stopped, thanks to this heated conversation. Well, heated mostly on Scott's behalf. Sheriff Stilinski turned to us with a beaten-up expression. It must be hard being a Sheriff when you have these three kids always getting in trouble somehow.

"Listen, we're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay? I promise." Sheriff got called off but before he left he turned to the three of us. "Stay. All of you." He instructed us sternly. My brother is our ride home, Sheriff called him and he will come to pick us up soon so there is no point going anywhere.

"Well, we survived, dude. You know? We outlasted the alpha." Stiles cheered, throwing his arm around my shoulder bringing me into a side hug of sorts. I let out a laugh at his sudden optimism. But Scott didn't look too thrilled. "It's still good, right? Being alive?"

"When we were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?" Scott snapped. The situation not giving any additional kindness to his voice.

"If it helps I was thinking about it most of the time we were there but then again I wasn't questioning it much because I was just glad we were still alive." I raised my voice a bit when saying the still alive part.

"Well, then how come we're still alive?" Stiles quizzed looking at Scott.

"It wants me in its pack." He practically yelled.

"Yeah, okay, and try saying it a bit louder so even the people at the back can know about your furry problem." I hissed at him. Urging him to get his voice down.

"Sorry. But I think, first I have to get rid of my old pack." Both Stiles and I looked over at Scott weirdly.

"What do you mean? What old pack?"