16

Macey...

I sat in Finstock's class. There was next to no one here so far and the coach was looking around the table trying to find something. He has been digging through papers there for good five minutes. 

It is getting kind of suspicious really. What can he be searching for? I glanced around the classroom to see that so far only I was there with two other girls and Greenberg. Oh great, I almost forgot he's in this class. Oh, and he is sitting in front of me, just perfect. 

"Coach? What are you looking for?" I couldn't help but ask after I heard about the fifth swear word come out of his mouth. Come on man, pull it together there's Greenberg in here. 

"Somehow my phone has gone missing. Which is profoundly peculiar considering I had it in my office and now it's gone." Coach answered causing me to gulp. Oh man, hope he won't search in Stiles' bag then. 

"Um, maybe you could buy a new one..." I suggested, trying not to sound awkward. Finstock didn't answer to me anymore because the bell was about to ring. More and more students flooded into the room and very few seats stayed unoccupied. Only the one behind me where usually Stiles sits and then there were two to my right. That's where Scott sits. 

"Let's go. Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today. Let's go. Quicker." Coach encouraged everyone that just now came into the room. Scott and Stiles went to take their usual seats when Scott suddenly panicked for something. 

"Hey, Stiles, sit behind me, dude." Scott hissed at our best friend who, like a very good friend, went to do as told but got blocked by Allison who already put her books there. Stiles gave her an awkward smile before flopping back into his usual seat behind me. 

"Hey, Mace." He said with a guilty smile. Knowing that I am probably angry, because of Scott's comment on the field and because he was just about to leave me here sitting alone just for Scott. Come on, dude.

"Don't start now," I muttered my replay, hearing him huff behind me.  

"I haven't seen you all day." Allison's voice hit my ears from somewhere behind me. 

"Uh, yeah. I've been, uh, super busy." Super busy eh? Nice lie Scott. Good thing you don't have a lie detector on you. 

"When are you gonna get your phone fixed? I feel like I'm totally disconnected from you." Not sounding clingy at all eh? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Derek crushed Scott's phone. Nice isn't it? That Derek is such a charming boy. 

"Uh, soon. Real soon." Would be good, cause right about now he is always asking me to borrow him my phone whenever he needs something. As if it weren't enough that Stiles was browsing through my privacy every free minute of his life. 

"I changed lab partners, by the way," Allison said and that kind of got my attention because I don't know if she noticed but I am her lab partner. What the hell girl, who am I supposed to be with now? 

"Oh. To who?" Scott managed to ask stupidly. 

"To you, dummy." 

"Um, excuse me but Allie, you are my partner. Who am I supposed to be with now?" I asked quietly while turning my whole body to face the girl. She just shrugged. Obviously not caring all that much about me now that she could be with Scott. 

"I was Scott's lab partner..." Stiles pipped up behind me. Of course. 

"See. There, you have Stiles and I have Scott." Allison said, satisfied with how the events turned out to her benefit. 

"You sure you want to be my lab partner?" I asked turning to Stiles who just shrugged. 

"I can't say I mind really." He said matter of factly. I mean it could be convenient. We are together all the time anyway so there shouldn't be much of a problem with getting in touch with each other if needed for some school project. We can just shout out of the window and the other will answer.