24

Macey...

"Why couldn't I drive?" I pouted on the backseat of Derek's Camaro. I glanced back through the back window to see the hunter's car right behind us. Surprisingly enough Scott is the one behind the steering wheel because Derek didn't trust Stiles with his car.

"Maybe because we don't want to die yet." Stiles snapped from the front. This plan was safely one of the worst ones we ever had. While Derek was going after the Alpha we were supposed to distract the hunters. But distracting quickly turned into a car chase which we will soon lose when the car behind us rams into us. 

"Then Scott might want to try to speed up a bit cause the crazy lady is catching up to us," I suggested. Allison's aunt, Kate, if I remember correctly was right behind us. A determined look on her face as she chased us around. 

"Faster?" Scott asked dumbly. Well, of course, you have to go faster to get rid of this chick. How else do you want to do it? 

"Much faster." Stiles nodded. Scott seemed to finally find where the accelerator is. We zoomed around the preserve. The speed not being satisfactory enough because the hunter lady has caught up to us pretty fast. 

Biting my lip I leaned forward peaking my head in between the two front seats. Stiles gave me a curious look while Scott was looking at the road quite frightened. 

"Scott, sweetheart, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," I told the guy behind the steering wheel who huffed annoyed.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." 

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles reminded him of the car behind us that could be quite comfortably filled with hunters, ready to tear up Scott's werewolf ass. 

"Scott you need to step down on the accelerator...that's the pedal on the right from the breaks if you didn't know." I sassed getting a groan from Scott. 

"Yes, thank you, Macey, I was well aware." He said stepping down on the pedal and the car went down the road faster. Rolling my eyes, I let my body fall back to the backseat. Resting my head on top of it. Somehow I angled it so I could see the car that was previously behind us gone. Oh, sweet Jesus that can't be good. 

"They're gone," I informed the two boys in front of me. Stiles immediately turned on the transmitter we had in the car. Of course, Stiles stole it from his dad. What else were you expecting? 

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." A voice of Stiles' dad said, accompanied by cracking due to the poor signal that we had. Scott immediately turned the steering wheel, starting for the Iron Works. 

It didn't take us too long to get there. Scott finally gained enough courage to drive faster. We arrive at the Iron Works. Seeing Derek hiding behind something while getting shot at from some godforsaken direction. 

The car stopped abruptly, the breaks squeaking nastily, a thick black drift line created by the wheels of the car. Stiles quickly opened the door which was almost torn off when the car stopped. 

"Get in," Stiles called to Derek, climbing into the backseat to sit next to me. He did all of this quite clumsily, his foot colliding with my shoulder, which kind of hurt. 

"Ouch, you," I whined my hand rubbing the now sore shoulder, while a frown rested on my face. Derek quickly jumped into the passenger seat and once he slammed the door shut Scott drove us away. A few shots were fired at the car, which still remained without a single scratch. Is this a tank disguised as an ordinary car or something?  

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked Derek, who was panting slightly even though he has this werewolf stamina and everything. I guess running for your life can tire even a werewolf.