9

Macey...

"You're a terrible bowler." Stiles pointed out rather loudly. We were currently walking down the stairs. About to leave school. Finally, I need to put some ice on the blue chin that I now sport. 

"I know! I'm such an idiot." Scott frowned. 

"God, it was like watching a car wreck. I mean, first it turned into the whole group date thing. And then out of nowhere comes that phrase." What are they on about?  

"Hang out." 

"What's wrong with that?" I asked confused. I might spend most of my time with boys but I am not familiar with their perception of some things. 

"You don't hang out with hot girls, okay? It's like death." Stiles explained but it looks like he is not even talking to me. More like he and Scott are having their private conversation and I am just tagging along next to them. "Once it's hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out." 

"How is this happening? I either killed a guy or I didn't." Scott started talking about something completely different. 

"I don't think Danny likes me very much." And Stiles continued with his rant. Eh might as well join. 

"Am I not hot?" I asked out loud. 

"I ask Allison on a date, and now we're hanging out." 

"Am I not attractive to gay guys?"

"Is there something wrong with me or are you guys both just secretly gay?" 

"I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me, and now...now I'm gonna be late for work." Scott left through the door cutting the circle of three-way conversation we were having. But really, I would like some answers.  

"Wait, Scott, you didn't...am I attractive to gay guy...you didn't answer my question," Stiles called after him. "Macey am I...Jesus." He jumped when he turned to look at me, noticing that I was already looking at him with a soft glare.

"Am I not hot?" I asked looking up at him intensively. Stiles' eyes widened. He opened his mouth and then closed it right away without saying anything. Like a fish out of the water. "So? Am I not hot or are you and Scott secretly gay?" I prodded. 

"What? No!...we...why would we be gay?" Stiles stuttered. If I didn't know he was just surprised by the question I would say he is lying about not being oriented differently. 

"I mean, it's not a sin." I shrugged nonchalantly. Stiles gave me a serious look. 

"I am not gay Macey," Stiles shouted, gaining some attention from the people around us. Well, okay. Noticing this Stiles turned his head to the ground to avoid eye contact. "Why would you even assume that?" His voice was a lot quieter this time. 

"I don't know. You said guys don't just hang out with hot girls unless they are gay so...you know unless you think I am ugly then..." 

"No, no, no Macey you are not ugly, we just know each other since we were kids...that's different. You are actually the hottest girl I know...I mean beautiful...no I...um...you are cute." Stiles concluded through stutters. Tilting my head to the side I looked up at him confused. 

"I am cute?" He just stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head. 

"Um, yeah...really cute...the cutest." Stiles stuttered out of himself, the red color reaching his ears. He scratched the back of his head looking away from me. I was blushing like crazy but luckily my hair were covering it for the most part.