13

Macey...

"I just don't get it, help me. Help me understand this, why didn't you stay at home?" Stiles asked for maybe a hundredth time today. It was all I heard from him during the tense car ride to school this morning and it is all I heard from my brother back home. But Newt seemed to understand that I just didn't want to bury myself in my blankets like a weakling. I wanted to prove to myself that I am strong. Even though I still see those terrifying blood-red eyes everytime I close my eyes. But no one needs to know that. 

Stiles is just being overly protective right about now. I don't blame him, I am not even mad but he needs to accept that I am just here and I am not leaving. Not even when I need to sit in the annoying chemistry lesson with Mr. Harris.

"Stiles just drop it. I am not ill, I just got hit in the head. It's not a deadly injury." I said rolling my eyes. We walked into the class and sat in our usual seats. 

I wonder where Scott is. I haven't seen him the whole day. But I could swear I saw his bike in front of the school today. Weird. Now that I think of it I haven't seen Allison either. I wanted to ask her how she liked the birthday present I left for her in her locker. It was just a simple card and a flower bracelet that I made, nothing big but I would love to see her reaction. 

"Sorry," Stiles muttered, pulling out his chemistry book. "Do you have a highlighter?" He asked. I sure do. I have green, red and yellow which I use quite often. Then I have a pink, purple, orange, and blue one...which I almost never use but they are still there just because. 

"Um...sure. Which one you want?" I held out the options of highlighters for him.

"Someone's got a full rainbow here." He chuckled picking out the yellow one. He opened it and started marking the whole page. The lid of the highlighter in between his teeth. I am not even going to comment on that. 

"Miss Carter, I'm surprised to see you here." Harris' voice rang through the classroom causing me to look up. He was staring at me through his square glasses. 

"Um, why? I attend your classes since Freshman year, it can't be that big of a shocker to see me here." I answered causing Stiles to almost choke on his laughs that he was trying to keep in. Harris sent me a murderous glare, he could be matching with that Alpha honestly. 

"I meant after that rather traumatic experience, that you would prefer to stay at home. But I get it, dimmer minds are not so easily frightened because their brain does not process information as fast as it should." He just basically called me stupid in a rather fancy way. Oh but don't worry you prick I caught on to that. I sensed the hatred you are sending my way. I just opt to ignore it. 

With an eye roll and a low growl, I turned my head back to my book. The chemical reactions suddenly gaining a whole new interest. Let's see then what we have here till this horrid teacher starts insulting anyone else. He is just a ray of sunshine, isn't he? 

The big headline in my book read Organic Chemistry. Oh, joy. Okay, let's see. Organic Chemistry studies organic compounds...what a shocker. Wouldn't have guessed that. Something about the vitalist view...life force...woah, this shit is deep. 

I looked over at Stiles to see him highlighting just about everything he saw on the page. Good move. I totally get that. 

"Just a friendly reminder. Parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a "C" average are required to attend." Harris started talking again. Walking along the corridor in the middle of the classroom. "I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Too bad I don't have to come here cause I am a straight-A student. With a burning hatred for Math but I am keeping a solid C there so far. With Stiles' help but yeah. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" Subtly Harris stopped by Stiles and me.