34

Macey...

In today's PE, we had a climbing wall. Coach especially loved this task since he loved to make fun of students. It was also an opportunity for him to put boys against girls. Picking up pairs that were competing who would finish first. 

Honestly, I quite enjoyed this task. It allowed me to use my flexibility and speed. But it always depended on my opponent, because if I got someone who sucks in any form of sport then it's not fun. 

"Now let's see who's going to be next...how about, Danny and..." Coach scanned everyone with his eyes. His sight fell on me. "Carter, that's my lucky pick. Let's go." I nodded as he blew his whistle and went to put the harness on. I had it tightened around me quickly. Waiting for Danny to finish. 

"Coach isn't it unfair? I mean look at the height difference." My eyes unintentionally rolled when I heard the voice of Greenberg. True between me and Danny are 'a couple' of inches, but nothing I can't handle. 

"The only thing unfair is that I have to suffer you in my class another year." Coach dismissed turning to us. "Ready? Go!" 

At the sound of the whistle, I pulled myself up, my feet working on climbing up the colorful stones. For a moment Danny was in front of me. But then it was as if a new kick of energy went through me when the boy sent me a teasing smirk. 

I pushed harder, grabbing the stones one after the other until I found myself reaching the top first. I looked down to see Danny not even reaching my feet yet. I gave him a smile which he returned, shaking his head jokingly. Cheering from our classmates could be heard as I slid down the wall. 

"And this is how it's done, ladies and gentlemen. Absolute definition of perfection. Well done Carter." Coach praised as I put the harness off and walked back into the crowd of my classmates stopping next to Stiles. 

"Absolute definition of perfection." He teased bumping my shoulder. "Do you always have to be perfect?" 

"Jealous?" I asked eyeing him while trying to suppress a smile. 

"Maybe a little." 

"Argent, McCall, you're next, move it move it." I leaned against Stiles, watching as Scott and Allison played on the climbing wall. For a second they were climbing alongside each other, then Allison had the lead which was quickly taken by Scott. 

I couldn't hear what they were saying up there but the next thing we know Scott got pushed down the wall and landed on his back. Luckily there was a mattress. The class laughed. Even me and Stiles had to hide our laughter. 

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy," Coach said, getting down next to Scott on the mattress. Meanwhile, Allison climbed down. "Right? All right, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall." 

"Now's your chance to show what you've got," I whispered to Stiles. The boy nodded enthusiastically, practically sprinting towards the wall. I grinned to myself watching him clumsily put on the harness. But it changed when I noticed Erica. The girl looked very nervous and shaky. The fact that she was epileptic just added to the bad feeling that I had. 

But still, she went to strap herself and started climbing once Coach blew the whistle. I could tell she was struggling, not only because she was moving significantly slower than Stiles. She was also shaky and I noticed she seemed to be having cramps in her hands. Trouble breathing and moving. It was as if she got lost in the panic.

Stiles jumped down from the wall. Cheering for himself and grinning triumphantly. He glanced over at me with a proud smile on his lips. I tried to send one back but the painful sob that came from Erica made me go pale.