Secrets

After everything that has happened, we headed back to the temple. Cole immediately started looking for Wu, searching any clues of where he could be or how to save him.

The other went back to training, with Lloyd as their new Master, while I was mostly in my room, thinking about everything, what happened, what he said the last time I talked to him and what I should do now he's gone.

I mostly thought about what he told me about my mother and if I finally should talk to Jay about it. It's been a week now, since he disappeared and I'm lying on my bed, trying to figure out what I could say to Jay, as I hear a knock on my door.

,,Come in.'', I reply and as the door opens, Cole walks into my room. ,,You're okay?'', he asks giving me a worried look. ,,I don't know.'', I reply, looking at the ceiling. He walks over and sits down besides me on the bed.

,,Can I tell you something?'', I ask him, sitting up so I face him. ,,Sure.'', he replies. ,,Okay, so, on the day I came here, my father finally told me about my mother. Who she was and why she left us and everything...'', I start to explain.

,,Well, that's a good thing, isn't it?'', Cole asks with a little smile. ,,Yeah, of course. It's just...'', I trail off. ,,He told me my mother was the former Master of lightning.'', I tell him.

,,So?'', he asks, not understanding what I'm trying to say. ,,Well, if it's true what Garmadon told us, about us having our powers from our ancestors, then that would mean Jay and I are somehow siblings.'', I finally say.

,,Wow. That's... Does he now that?'', Cole asks clearly shocked. ,,I don't think so. I was trying to figure out how to tell him since my father told me about it, but I just don't know what I should say to him.'', I tells Cole.

,,Wait. We know Jay's parents and they both never had any elemenal powers.'', Cole mentions, after thinking about it for a while. ,,Yeah, that's what I thought too when I met them. I thought, that maybe he's adopted, but I don't wanna ask him if he doesn't know it already.'', I explain, laying my head on Cole's shoulder.

,,By the way... Lloyd and Zane asked me if you have a second elemental power, because they saw light come out of your hand or something like that. I told them you don't. I mean, you would've told me, wouldn't you?'', Cole suddenly asks me, making me look up at him.

,,Yeah, about that...'', I reply, trailing off. ,,Wait, you do?'', he asks. ,,Somehow, yeah. Everyone always knew me as the Master of Darkness, so I never told anyone about my other power. To be honest, I don't even know why I hid it all the time.'', I explain, as he nods at me.

,,So, what is it? Light? Or something else?'', he asks. ,,Yeah, it's light.'', I answer and he gives me a small smile. We sit there in silence for a while, until I have an idea.

,,I think I have an idea about Jay... Do you know where he is?'', I ask, getting up from my bed. ,,Yeah, he's outside, training with the others.'', Cole tells me. ,,Okay. Thanks, Cole.'', I thank him and walk outside, seeing the others training their fighting skills.

,,Hey! How's training going?'', I ask as I walk towards them. ,,Lu! Haven't seen you in a while. How are you?'', Lloyd asks as he turns around to me, while the others keep fighting. ,,I had to think over a few things the past days, but I'm okay now. I talked to Cole and he helped me.'', I answer, smiling at Lloyd as he nods at me.

,,So... Would you mind if i'd borrow Jay for a second?'', I ask him, looking over at Jay, who's fighting with Zane. ,,Sure.'', Lloyd responds, but gives me a questioning look. ,,I'll tell you later. First I have to talk to him about it.'', I assure him, before I walk over to Jay.

,,Jay? Can we talk for a second?'', I ask him as I reach Zane and him. ,,Uh... sure.'', Jay replies and he follows me to the other side of the temple, where we sit down on the edge.

,,So... I really need to tell you something...'', I start, looking at the clouds beneath us. ,,Is this about Cole?'', he asks. ,,What?'', I ask confused. ,,You like him, don't you? And I think he likes you too. So I thought maybe you want to talk to me about that.'', he explains, grinning at me as he sees the look on my face.

,,No... that... that's not why I wanted to talk to you.'', I stutter, making his grin grow even more. ,,Stop grinning at me like that.'', I tell him, punching his arm, starting to grin too. ,,Okay, okay. But if it's not that... what else do you want to talk about?'', he asks and my smile immediately fades.

,,Well, you remember that Garmadon said that our elemental powers come from our ancestors?'', I ask him and he nods. ,,So... Do you know by whom you've got yours?'', I ask him, getting a little nervous.

,,Yeah, I think so.'', he answers, staring into the sky in front of us. ,,They're from my mother.'', he adds. ,,Edna?'', I ask, trying to figure out if he knows about his real mother. He turns around, looking at me.

,,I never told anyone of the others, but...'', he stops for a second. ,,...I'm adopted. She's not my real mother. As much as I know, my mother was the former Master of lightning and I've got her power. But why so you want to know?'', he asks, giving me a questioning look.

I get even more nervous, looking into his eyes with a serious look on my face. ,,Because she's my mother too.'', I finally tell him, still looking into his eyes. He looks at me shocked and confused.

,,What? But... How? Does that... We're siblings?'', he asks. ,,Well, I don't know much, just what my father told me. She was with Wu and they got triplets, me, my sister and my brother. Then she got pregnant again with you, but not by Wu so she left us. That's all I know.'', I explain, looking at Jay who looks to the ground.

Suddenly he stands up and looks down at me. I stand up as well, because I thought he's about to walk away and I wanted to stop him, but all he does is wrapping his arms around me, hugging me. I hug him back, surprised.

,,You know, I always wanted a sibling.'', he smiles at me as he lets go. I smile back at him and we hug one more time. ,,Do you want to tell the others or rather not?'', I ask him, making him look to the ground.

He thinks for a second, then looks back at me. ,,We can do that.'', he replies and we walk back to the others, side hugging each other, getting confused looks from them.

,,Guys, we've got something to tell you.'', I call out to them. ,,Wait, we need to get Cole too.'', Jay cuts me off. ,,No, it's okay. He already knows.'', I reply, getting a questioning look from Jay. ,,What? I had to tell someone.'', I defend myself and he nods, understanding.

We look back at the others, seeing their confused and questioning looks. ,,Okay, at first you need to know that I got adopted.'', as Jay says that, Cole walks out and joins us, walking over to stand next to me. We smile at each other and suddenly the things Jay said come back to my mind. Could he be right?

,,My real mother is the former Master of lightning, just like Lucy's.'', Jay tells the others and my attention goes back to him. ,,Wait... Does that mean you're siblings?'', Nya asks.

,,Yeah, I know that sounds confusing and it actually is, but I'm happy to have a brother again.'', I add, smiling at Jay, which he returns. ,,And when you're all already listening, I have to tell you something else.'', I continue, looking at Cole, who nods at me.

,,Lloyd, Zane, you were right. I have two elemental powers, darkness and light. I don't know how or why, but they were always there.'', I tell them. ,,Wow, two powers? How cool is that?!'', Jay shouts excited, making me smile.

Everyone reacts like Jay, thinking it's cool and they ask a few questions about it, before I have to show them what I can do with both my powers.