Questing for Quests

The Ninja have asked me to train with them today, so now, Kai, Jay and Nya are fighting each other, while Zane and Cole are also fighting. Lloyd went to talk to Wu about a quest or something.

Cole jumps into the air to attack Zane, at least I guess that's what he planned doing, but he flies too far and lands behind Jay and stumbles to the ground, just as Lloyd walks outside. ,,How'd it go?'', Cole asks, as Zane and I walk over to him. ,,He's in, uh, a mood.'', Lloyd replies.

,,Did he get you a quest tip?'', Jay asks. ,,No, he said we have to figure it out on our own.'', Lloyd responds. ,,I've been thinking about it for five minutes! I'm tapped out!'', Kai mentions, making me want to slap my forehead. ,,Maybe we need a change of scenery. Sometimes, ideas come to you better if you change your surroundings.'', Jay suggests.

,,Nope. Still nothing.'', Jay sighs, as we're sitting in the hot tub again. ,,We need a villain.'', Kai thinks. ,,What about Ultra Violet?'', Cole suggests. ,,Uh, she was nuts. I'd rather face Killow.'', Kai responds.

,,They're both incarcerated in Kryptarium Prison.'', Zane tells him. ,,What about Master Chen?'', Nya asks. ,,The Departed Realm.'', I remind her. ,,Pythor?'', Cole asks. ,,Whereabouts unknown. Locating him would require some effort.'', Zane tells him. ,,Effort? Uh... No.'', Cole replies, slurping on his helmet.

,,Man, finding a good villain is hard.'', Kai means. ,,Let's face it. There aren't any villains left. Except, well, um...'', Jay trails off, looking at Lloyd. ,,Say it. My dad.'', Lloyd says. ,,Wherever he is, he's not really a problem right now. Let's move on.'', Nya tells him. ,,Who does that leave?'', Cole asks.

,,Maybe we're aiming too high. Maybe we don't need a villain. Maybe we just need, like, a criminal. Or a gangster.'', Nya suggests. ,,Pfft. I'd settle for a bully.'', Jay means. ,,Perhaps we should check in with the Commissioner? We might be able to assist him on prevention of some crime.'', Zane suggests and we all agree.

,,Commissioner!'', Lloyd shouts as he pushes the door to his office open. ,,What? What is it now? Robot pirates? Lava-zombies?'', the Commissioner asks. ,,No, nothing like that. We just wanna help you catch some bad guys.'', Lloyd replies.

,,Oh. Well... Actually, it's been pretty quiet around here. We don't have any outstanding warrants.'', the Commissioner tells us. ,,Aw, there's gotta be something for us to do.'', Kai means. ,,Mmm, not really. Take a look at the board.'', the Commissioner replies, pointing at the board.

,,Aha! Who's that?'', Kai asks, pointing at a monster that's painted on the board. ,,Oh, that. Oh, that's a joke. Someone drew a monster.'', the Commissioner tells us. ,,What about an escaped convict? Or a fugitive?'', Nya asks. ,,Nope. Nothing.'', the Commissioner replies.

,,Um, a felon?'', Kai asks. ,,No.'' ,,Hoodlum?'', Kai asks again. ,,No.'' ,,A crook?'' ,,Nope.'' ,,Mobster?'' ,,Nothing.'', the Commissioner replies and we all groan. ,,Sir?'', a police officer opens the door.

,,Oh, what's up, Jimmy?'', the Commissioner asks. ,,Just got a tip about an illegal bootlegging operation down at the wharfs.'', Jimmy tells him. ,,We got it!'', Lloyd means. ,,Yeah, you guys relax! We'll handle this!'', Kai tells them and we run outside.

,,Okay, on three. I kick open the door, we storm the place and take'em down!'', Lloyd tells us his plan, before he kicks the door open and we jump inside. ,,Freeze right there!'', Lloyd shouts, but we stop as we see a man behind a table with bottles of juice on it. ,,Did you young fellers wanna buy some prune juice?'', he asks, making us all groan, before we leave again.

,,There's gotta be something.'', Lloyd means, as we're back at the Commissioner's office. ,,An outstanding warrant, unpaid parking tickets? Anything?'', Nya asks, before it knocks on the door and Jimmy opens it again. ,,What's up, Jimmy?'', the Commissioner asks. ,,Something about a disturbance at the Kryptarium Prison.'', he replies and we run outside again.

,,That sounds terrible!'', Cole means as we arrive at the prison. ,,We better get in there!'', Jay adds. ,,On three! One, two, three!'', Lloyd shouts and kicks the door open. ,,Oh, hi guys.'', the prison director greets us. ,,I don't understand. Where's the riot?'', Lloyd asks.

,,Riot? Oh, goodness, no. Just a little dispute. But we worked it out, didn't we, fellas?'', he asks two of the prisoners. ,,I overreacted, and then I apologized.'', one of them says. ,,And I'm sorry I expressed myself so poorly.'', the other one replies.

,,Where now?'', I ask turning to the others. ,,Do you think the prison cafeteria has cake?'', Cole asks, making the other groan, while I grin at him. ,,Since we're here anyway, perhaps we should check in on Killow?'', Zane suggests. ,,Yeah, maybe he's up to something.'', Kai agrees.

,,Hello, Killow.'', Nya says as we approach him. ,,Oh, hi, guys!'', he greets us. ,,Don't oh, hi, guys me. What are you up to?'', Nya asks him. ,,Nothing. I was trying to finish my painting, heh. Do you like it?'', he asks, showing us his painting.

,,Uh... It's okay.'', Jay responds. ,,Uh, why does the puppy have a stick of dynamite?'', Kai asks. ,,Ah, well, he's an angry puppy. But he's learning to control his anger. Just like me. I find painting very soothing.'', Killow replies, smiling at us. ,,Thanks for nothing, Killow.'', Lloyd sighs, before we leave.

The rest of the day we had to do other little things, like getting a cat out of a tree. At some point, Jimmy brought us donuts, making at least Cole happy. ,,I can't believe this is happening to us.'', Lloyd thinks, still holding his donut in his hands.

,,There is nothing to do in the entire city.'', Nya frowns. ,,Statistically, the absence of a single crime or felony in a city this size is remarkable.'', Zane mentions. ,,I wish I understood what you just said, but I don't.'', Cole replies, making me look back at him, as I'm sitting on his lap. ,,I understood it.'', I teas him with a grin.

,,How's it a city this size has no crime? And how's it that you're alway working on that model ship and never make any progress?'', Kai asks frustrated, turning to the Commissioner. ,,What?'', he asks. ,,Oh, never mind.'', Kai replies. ,,What is going on with us?'', Lloyd asks, while he throws his donut onto my lap, which Cole takes and starts smiling.

,,We're getting loopy. We're Ninja! We... we need action! Suspense! Danger!'', Lloyd means, getting up from his seat. ,,You guys could help me with some filing.'', Jimmy means as he enters the room. ,,How is that dangerous?'', Lloyd asks. ,,If you're not paying attention, you could get a paper cut.'', I joke, grinning at him. ,,Exactly!'', Jimmy agrees, thinking I was serious about it.

,,If I ever see another file, it'll be too soon.'', Lloyd complains as we're back at the monastery. ,,Let's never do that again.'', Nya means. ,,So many paper cuts. I can't believe I lost to a filing cabinet.'', Cole whines and I grin to myself.

,,Let's not tell anyone about this day. Ever.'', Lloyd suggests, lying down on the couch. ,,Okay with me.'', Nya agrees, sitting down on the other couch. ,,Me too.'', Cole says, sitting down next to her. ,,Me three.'', Jay agrees, also sitting down next to Cole, while Kai and I got everyone something to drink and I turn the TV on and sit down next to Lloyd.

,,I'm here with Ninjago's foremost archaeologist, Clutch Powers, who's discovered an unknown pyramid buried deep in the Desert of Doom. Professor Powers, what can you tell us about the pyramid?'', Gayle Gossip asks.

,,Absolutely nothing, Gayle. I haven't been inside, and I don't plan to.'', he answers. ,,But I thought...'', Gayle starts. ,,You wanna know what's inside? Traps. Booby traps. Butt loads of them. Pitfalls and blow darts, and fake tiles that collapse when you step on them, and big boulders that drop on you. No, thank you.'', Powers cuts her off.

,,But isn't that your job? As an archaeologist? To, you know, explore and go on dangerous quests?'', she asks him. ,,Technically, yes. What's your point?'', he asks her. ,,Well, someone has to go inside.'', Gayle mentions.

,,It would take a Ninja to survive what's in there. Do I look like a Ninja?'', he asks. ,,No.'', Gayle replies. ,,Point made.'', Powers responds. ,,That's it! That's our quest!'', Lloyd tells us as he gets up. ,,I'll pack my bag!'', Nya cheers. ,,Sunscreen! Bring lots of sunscreen!'', Cole mentions. ,,Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun!'', Jay cheers too.