Scavengers

It's been half a year since Morro attacked the city and I moved in with Ronin. It's also been half a year to the day, when my sister was found, dead, underneath our crushed house.

The city was fully rebuilt after three months, but I decided to stay with Ronin. It was better than to go back into my old house and be alone the whole time.

Right now, I'm sitting at the kitchen table, thinking back to that day, as Ronin enters the room. ,,I know it's hard for you, but stop thinking about it every single second. Besides, I found just the thing for you.'', he tells me as I look up at him.

He throws his phone in front of me, playing the Ninjago news. They're talking about some kind of snake warriors attacking the city and kidnapping people.

As the news are over I look at Ronin with a questioning look. ,,You should help them.'', he explains. ,,I can't.'', I reply, looking back to the table.

,,Why not? Didn't Cole ask you to join their team?'', he asks me confused. ,,Yeah, he did.'', I answer. ,,Then why can't you? It would be good for you. Go outside. Fight some snakes. And most important, you see Cole again.'', he tries to convince me, winking at me at the last part.

I think for a second, before I look back up at him. ,,You know he cares a lot about you, more than anyone else.'', he adds.

,,You know where they are?'', I ask him after a while. ,,Yeah, I can bring you there.'', he tells me. ,,Okay.'', I reply, getting up. ,,We leave in the evening.'', I add and walk to my room to get my things packed.

It's evening now and Ronin's flying me to the Ninja with Rex. Suddenly, Sensei Yang's temple appears in front of us, floating in the air. Ronin flies towards it and lands in front of the temple.

,,That's where they live?'', I ask him. ,,Yep, now go.'', he replies. ,,Thanks, Ronin.'', I thank him, giving him a hug, before I get out of Rex. I watch him fly away until I can't see him anymore.

,,Lucy?'', I hear someone ask and turn around to see Misako standing at the door. ,,Hey, Misako.'', I smile at her. She returns the smile and signalizes me to follow her.

She leads me through the halls until we stop in front of a big door. ,,Your father's inside. But before you go in, I have to tell you he's not feeling that good. He got hurt in a fight and hasn't recovered yet.'', she informs me with a sad look.

I open the door, revealing my father lying on a bed in the middle of the room. I walk over to him and sit down on a chair next to his bed. ,,Father?'', I ask, looking at him.

He slowly turns his head and opens his eyes to look at me. ,,Lucy? What are you doing here?'', he asks me. ,,I saw the snakes attacking the city on the news and thought I'd come to help. Ronin brought me here.'', I explain and he nods. ,,It's good to see you again.'', he mutters before he turns his head away and falls asleep.

,,Can I stay here for the night?'', I ask Misako. ,,I don't wanna leave him alone.'', I add. ,,Sure. I'll get you a mattress.'', she replies and walks out.

After a few minutes she comes back with a mattress, a pillow and a blanket and lays everything on the floor next to my father's bed. I thank her and she leaves me alone with him.

I walk over to the mattress and lay down on it. ,,Lucy?'', I hear my father ask after a while. ,,Yeah?'', I reply, sitting up. ,,I have to tell you something... about your mother.'', he answers as I turn my head to him with my eyes wide open.

I get up and walk over to the chair to sit on it. He turns his head to look at me. ,,You never wanted to tell us anything about her, why now?'', I ask him confused.