Spy for a Spy

The next day, Chen wants us to eat with him. I'm sitting next to Jay, trying to eat something, but I can't because I'm too nervous about Cole's and my plan. ,,Try the hornet wasp eggs. Delicoius!'', Chen tells us as a Kabuki brings them over to us.

,,Uh, I think I'll pass.'', Lloyd responds, looking at them. ,,Oh, lighten up, green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the nine of you making it to the second round.'', Chen tells him. ,,And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over the Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?'', he adds, making the others laugh.

,,You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our powers, we're safe in our secret alliance.'', Kai reminds him. ,,Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses, gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome.'', Garmadon tells us.

,,Oh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me!'', Chen yells excited and takes one of them. Oh, I just hope it's not the one with the message from Cole. I see Clouse talking to him about something and after that, he lays the cookie back and the Kabuki brings them to us. 

,,It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I'm stealing everyone's power. I am.'', Chen admits, making everyone gasp. I never thought he would just admit it and tell us the truth.

,,But it's all for this staff. No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff.'', Chen continues to explain, while one of the Kabuki brings him his staff. ,,The staff of elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the story of Ninjago.'', Chen lies. I knew there was a lie about to come, I mean we're talking about Chen.

,,You lie. What about the spell?'', Lloyd asks him. ,,Spell? What spell?'', Clouse asks, pretending not to know what Lloyd's talking about. ,,Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro!'', Lloyd tells him. 

I see Clouse, giving Neuro a angry look. ,,I...I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff.'', Neuro lies. ,,And why should we be so quick to believe everything yo say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?'', Griffin asks and the other Masters agree with him. 

,,So much for the alliance.'', Garmadon mutters. ,,They believe him over us?'', Lloyd frowns. I see a Kabuki walking in between me and Jay, trying to get his attention, but I don't care about it. My thoughts are still with Cole and our plan.

,,If we're gonna convince anyone, we need proof. We need to find that spell. Would you cut it out?'', Jay asks annoyed, tuning around to the Kabuki. ,,Jay, it's me.'', she says, showing her face, but of course I don't know her.

,,Nya?'', the Ninja nearly shout. Oh, well, now I know who she is. Cole told me about her, when we were talking about the fight between him and Jay. ,,So that's the girl he liked...'', I think, while I look at her.

,,Lower your voices. I'm undercover. And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element. And I heard what happened to Cole. That was big of you both.'', as she mentions Cole, Jay look at me for a second, as if he's checking if I'm alright, before he looks back at her. ,,love is like war, Nya. Everybody gets hurt.'', Jay tells her. Well, for once, he was actually right.

,,Is it just you, sis?'', Kai asks her. ,,Darreth's also on the island...'', she replies. ,,What up, Ninja.'', we hear someone say. ,,...and in contact with Wu via a mobile base.'', she continues her sentence. As I hear that name my head snaps up from my food. ,,Should I ask her about him?'', I think. But I don't and just continue to eat a little bit of my food in silence.