F A M I L Y D R A M A

Victoria slept over because she was in no position to drive home last night, Jakob was blowing up her phone all night but I simply powered it off while she was sleeping

     Victoria slept over because she was in no position to drive home last night, Jakob was blowing up her phone all night but I simply powered it off while she was sleeping. I couldn't really sleep last night, I kept thinking about his sister than I would get embarrassed, that kept me up all night.

I was currently sitting at my table chugging down my coffee, I needed the energy badly. My hands were bruised and my chest had scratch marks all across while my face had very little. I lifted my knees to my chest as I looked out at the horizon from my balcony, I heard Victoria's light footsteps walking towards the other chair. I pushed the bottle of advil and water on her side, she smiles up at me clearly satisfied with the medicine.

"My hand feels broken." She whispers with a soft chuckle following after.

"My head feels broken."

We both laughed, I leaned my head against the back of my chair. A pregnant silence intertwine between us, I'm shocked she didn't power her phone back on to talk to her loser boyfriend.

"Nicolas seems like a nice guy." She says, breaking the silence.

"He is, just not the right guy for me." I said.

She nods. "Is he single?"

I looked at her, confused on why she was so concerned about him.

"I think so, why?" I asked.

"No reason, I just wanted to know a bit more about the guy I almost choked last night."

I laughed and reenact the scene of her choking Nicolas with my neck as the example. She shoved my shoulder playfully while rolling her eyes, we both laughed and we couldn't stop laughing. This would be the perfect time to tell her the truth about Jakob, our eyes both settled on each other.

"I like sober Adora, it reminds me of when we were younger." Victoria smiles at me, I liked being sober, I was able to take care of her instead of her taking care of me, it made me feel a lot better.

"Me too." I linked our hands together, I tugged at her giving her the memo to come over here.

I opened my arms, she hugged me back while sitting on my lap. She leaned her head against mine, we watched the sun in the distance.

I'll tell her tomorrow

She held out her pinky, I knew exactly what this was. When we were younger and we would get in arguments we'd pinky promise so it was like waving a white flag between us. I linked my pinky with hers as we both leaned in to kiss our thumbs, we both giggled.

We both decided to get ready, I had to go speak with my dad about my loud neighbor next door who basically starts partying at three am in the morning. I dressed in a loose baby blue skirt with a light purple crop top paired with my black dr martens. Victoria was still in the shower so I left my spare key on my nightstand so she'll lock the door when she leaves, I grabbed an apple before trying to head out the door.