Word Around Town

Chapter 49

Chapter 49

After the night I had--shit, the day I had--I earned me a smoke break. Instead of going home to deal with more bullshit with Yuri, I head to The Loft.

The parking lot is almost empty when I pull up. There's only one truck here and I know it well.

I head into the lobby and ride the elevator up to the fourth floor. I walk down the hall to what's turned into Daz's recovery room. When I open the door, Munch is on the couch in the same position he was in before we hit Angel.

I get this nigga worried, but he can't just stare at Daz the whole time he sleeping. This shit gettin' weird.

I sit next to him on the couch.

"Wassup, bruh? Why you ain't at home like the rest of them niggas?" I ask.

Munch leans back into the couch.

"I told his girl I was gon' stay with him 'til he wake up. That's cool with you?" He asks.

"Yeah. I know how close y'all niggas is. But are y'all close enough for you to be watching this man sleep?" I ask.

"I'd be doing the same thing if it was you," He says.

"Shit I hope not. You creepin' me the fuck out. I can't imagine how this nigga must feel," I say.

Munch cracks a smile.

"Fuck you, nigga. It's better than waking up to an empty room," He says.

"You prolly right about that. But ain't Dr. Amin say it's gon' take like a day or two for him to wake up?" I ask.

Munch nods.

"So take a break, nigga. Come smoke some shit with me right quick. Let this man rest without you staring at him," I say.

He looks at Daz.

"Nah, I'm straight," He says.

I smack my teeth.

"I ain't gon' keep you all night, nigga. You ain't even gotta smoke. But I do need help counting that money we took from Angel," I say.

"You gon' say anything to make me hang out with you, huh?" He says.

I smack my teeth and stand up.

"Stop acting like you don't miss me, nigga," I say.

Munch stands up too.

"Chill with that gay shit, bruh," He says.

"Says the nigga watching another man sleep," I say.

We start walking to the door. Munch sighs.

"Lonely ass nigga. You ain't got no other friends?" He asks.

"Just be grateful I'm letting you smoke this shit with me, nigga," I say.